Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out which route I want to go with the bike. I've got pretty much all of my money tied up in my 2015 Road Glide Special so I'm trying to find something that looks good but not thousands of dollars. With the fairing sticking farther forward than the batwing style it's always looked to me like the bottom front of the bike needs a little more "weight" to it. I put a 21" on my street bob and really liked the look and function of it. I figured I'd do that with this bike but forking out the cash for both wheels isn't really doable right now. I looked at the Reinforcer wheel by Sport Chrome but even that is almost a thousand bucks and then looks stock. My dad had a 2013 Ultra with the Knuckle wheels that I liked when he had that but wished they had a bigger diameter up front. I've done a very mediocre job of photo shopping a chrome set onto a photo of my bike. My buddy has a blue road king with white walls on it that looks pretty sweet. I know the road glide is more modern style so idk if it clashes with the bike. I do know that I haven't seen really any road glides with white walls and that would make it easier to find in a crowd. They give the illusion of the wheels being a larger diameter. Sport Chrome has a set of these for under a thousand. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
They look killer to me. Really different to what you see on the road. If they are for free, go for them, else I would put my money on lowers. You can find good aftermarket ones for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the spokes but I think you'll need a bit more white on the bike for those white walls to blend in. Maybe a lot more white.
Other than maybe white grips which wouldn't work on this bike, most bikes with white walls they are the only white on the bike

They look killer to me. Really different to what you see on the road. If they are for free, go for them, else I would put my money on lowers. You can find good aftermarket ones for not a lot of money.
They aren't free but are pretty reasonable compared to most of the after market sets. I do eventually want to go with lowers as well. Board tracker has genuine hd color matched for under $600

1st set of white walls I have seen on a roadgide, I think it works on your bike with those wheels.

Looks good!
Thanks! The more I look at it the more I like it as well

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't think whitewalls on a shark is the right look.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out which route I want to go with the bike. I've got pretty much all of my money tied up in my 2015 Road Glide Special so I'm trying to find something that looks good but not thousands of dollars. With the fairing sticking farther forward than the batwing style it's always looked to me like the bottom front of the bike needs a little more "weight" to it. I put a 21" on my street bob and really liked the look and function of it. I figured I'd do that with this bike but forking out the cash for both wheels isn't really doable right now. I looked at the Reinforcer wheel by Sport Chrome but even that is almost a thousand bucks and then looks stock. My dad had a 2013 Ultra with the Knuckle wheels that I liked when he had that but wished they had a bigger diameter up front. I've done a very mediocre job of photo shopping a chrome set onto a photo of my bike. My buddy has a blue road king with white walls on it that looks pretty sweet. I know the road glide is more modern style so idk if it clashes with the bike. I do know that I haven't seen really any road glides with white walls and that would make it easier to find in a crowd. They give the illusion of the wheels being a larger diameter. Sport Chrome has a set of these for under a thousand. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Rod
I think a dash of chrome, on the front fender or chrome fork legs, would enhance the whitewalls.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts