Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a noticeable loss of low end torque with the Propipe compared to the Supertrapp?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can only offer my opinion on supertrap. Made decent power, but I will never buy another one, don't care what power it makes. Two warranty claims within the first few months, both honored respectively. But same issues kept coming back. Corrosion and broken muffler bolts. Looks cool hanging on the wall now, but looked like garbage on the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had a Pro Pipe on two bikes. One chrome, one black. Have had no issues with either. Great power, fit, finish and quality is excellent

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found my answer, Fuel Moto tested a ST & a PP on a 2015 RG, both had nearly identical curves. I've had good results with ST's for the last 25 years, but decided on a PP this time. If you get a pipe in a bind they'll break, happened with a Thunderheader on one of my bikes.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Loved my High Output Pro pipe I had on my last roadglide. I modified the standard pro pipe race baffle to fit. If I remember right, I had to drill new holes for the baffle to accept the newer designed tip. Sounded badass. Held up great.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i put the SE Night Sticks on my Road Glide.. only 2 decibles louder (disapointment), but I have V&H Power duals sitting in living room..Once they are on, I hope to get more sound...anybody got an idea if it will get louder??? Dont want to drown out radio, but this thing is TOO quiet..

·
Registered
345 Posts
i put the SE Night Sticks on my Road Glide.. only 2 decibles louder (disapointment), but I have V&H Power duals sitting in living room..Once they are on, I hope to get more sound...anybody got an idea if it will get louder??? Dont want to drown out radio, but this thing is TOO quiet..
Mouser,
How did that work out for you? Did it get significantly louder with the Power Duals?
BG

·
Registered
134 Posts
No, but Supertrapp makes a set of cones for the rear to replace the discs..It sounds great now, but they are pricey, REAL pricey..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Supertrapp Stout mufflers and matching Tru Duals. There a traditional style muffler than the disc trapps and sound great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts