Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Road Glide with no engine mods
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well you didn't mention you cut wires in the handlebars.
Well fix those wires and your problem may be solved.
The best handlebars for your bike which fit and you don't need to cut wires and all your stock cables work are the HD Heritage style handlebars HD/PN56902-08.
If fixing those cut wires don't take care of your problem then look down behind the air filter at the wires going into the TPS which is the plug going into the throttle body.
But according to the DTC code you posted it does look like the wires on the throttle side is your problem.

Good luck
Mark
Yeah, not knowing what is exactly wrong with the wiring, I ordered new and used grip sensor. Going to switch out bars while everything is broken down. Hopefully I will get to ride a little longer before the season changes.

·
Registered
9,820 Posts
Yeah, not knowing what is exactly wrong with the wiring, I ordered new and used grip sensor. Going to switch out bars while everything is broken down. Hopefully I will get to ride a little longer before the season changes.
Do yourself a favor and get the SE throttle sensor. If not , eliminate the green connector.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Before changing bars it would be a good Idea to try to repair wires. leaving everything else be for now.
If you add changing bars on top of the issue you have now . You could end up with even more and less of an idea where to start .
On these newer bikes cutting wires often ends up in an oh shit moment.

Reactions: PapaBear73

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
12,585 Posts
I have seen multiple people state this, what is the issue with the green connector?
The Green Connector on the Throttle Sensor has a tendency to come apart. The Screamin' Eagle Throttle Sensor is a single run without the green connector. Well worth the money in My Opinion.
Best of Luck with everything @PapaBear73 !
Mike U.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts