Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to install the progressive dropins for the front of my 02 RG. In doing so I replaced oil in both forks (about 10oz each). While replacing the oil in the left fork (the cartridge side) I was unscrewing the the cartridge in hopes of removing it. I probably turned it 20 times or so when i realized that all i had to do was simple unscrew it a a few turns... i replaced the oil and put it all back together. My bike is now no lower than it was stock and it rides as if i am constantly bottoming the forks out. I am wondering if all of the turning i did on the left side might have messed something up??? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have had issues with a bottoming out noise also, but it did lower my bike almost 2 inches. You should call the Progressive Help Line. Let us know when you get it resolved.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so if anybody was wondering i got the problem fixed.... It turned out that i did not remove all of fluid from the cartridge, so by the time it was all said and done i had a total of ~14 oz of fluid... (big problem). Hopefully this helps someone out there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts