Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 09 road glide. Looking to run 14” rear shocks and +2” front forks.
I’m leaning towards super shox and monotubes with +2” fork extensions. I am a spirited rider and want something that will handle well. Any recommendations would be great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Greetings Cory,

Just installed a pair of 13" Ohlins on my bike and it did raise ride height gaining me some additional ground clearance, needed for spirited riding. A great ride too.

Prior to my buy, I did a lot of research regarding shocks.

A comment regarding Super Shox, they are 14" in length, (or 13') but are typically installed using the Super Shox proprietary 'relocation mounts'. When installed that way, they actually lower the ride height by maybe a 1/2", thereby reducing cornering clearance, slightly taking away some of your spirited riding capability. Nevertheless, Super Shox owners/riders love their 'Shox'! I read only real good things about there ride quality. However, I have not ever read where someone installed them straight on.

Can't comment on the fork extensions, don't even really know what +2 means (have not researched mono tubes) but have seen fork applications that vary for wheel size and/or slightly change fork height etc. What I have learned so far about the front tubes is if you plan on matching the ride of your new quality rear shocks with same quality and adjustability up front, it typically costs about the same as your rears 'ouch!'

Just keep perusing the suspension section of our forum, there is a ton of info available to you.

Wishing you a million safe/fun miles and smiles!

Bobinator
President
Secret Society of the SharkNose

·
Registered
383 Posts
A comment regarding Super Shox, they are 14" in length, (or 13') but are typically installed using the Super Shox proprietary 'relocation mounts'. When installed that way, they actually lower the ride height by maybe a 1/2", thereby reducing cornering clearance, slightly taking away some of your spirited riding capability. Nevertheless, Super Shox owners/riders love their 'Shox'! I read only real good things about there ride quality. However, I have not ever read where someone installed them straight on.
just to add, my Super Shox did not inhibit any cornering performance on my 18 RGS

with that it seems Ohlins and SS are the preferred on this site, so you will not go wrong with either, I like my Supers (MADE IN THE USA FYI)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I installed my supershox straight up. No relocation bracket. They are a awesome, I have 2 years on them and other then adjusting for long runs 2up with the trailer, they are what I wanted. They soak up all the bumps and make for longer days in the saddle.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was going to purchase Ohlins Hd 022’s but opted for suspension technologies instead in 13”
I haven’t ridden long enough to give an honest evaluation but at least this actually have some bounce to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had monotubes on a 2002 FLH and thought they were a vast improvement over stock but the Northeast potholes were still brutal and I still had some brake dive - I don't know if anything else would have been better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts