Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 225lbs 95% of my riding on my 2010 is one up long rides with loaded bags and a tourpak. After some research I'm leaning towards Super Shox rears and Progressive Monotube's in the front.

Anyone running this setup, likes or dislike?

Anyone one recommend a different setup, why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put Super Shox on my 17 RGS about a month ago - only been out twice because it won't quit raining on my days off. Huge improvement for the rear (literally). I'm 225# and have them set at 2 for now and it's a lot smoother over the bumps. I ride solo all the time. I have not done anything to the front yet. Like I said, only a few hundred miles on them so far but no complaints.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have ohlins on the rear and the progressive mono tubes on the front. Completely satisfied, million times better than stock. Hard to realize how bad a suspension such an expensive bike comes with. I got ohlins through Smarty (Carol Burks) on here. Great help in getting things set up correctly. I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra, weigh right at 220 and seldom have passenger.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
I'm 225lbs 95% of my riding on my 2010 is one up long rides with loaded bags and a tourpak. After some research I'm leaning towards Super Shox rears and Progressive Monotube's in the front.

Thanks!
Same bike, same set up . The Super Shox are great . They ride soft an absorb the bumps well. The monotubes are good but gives you a more sports feel than a luxury type ride.
I did the monotubes a few years before upgrading my air shocks to the SuperShox ,so I really felt exactly what the monotubes offered. They are definitely an upgrade to the 2010 oem front end ,but don't ride as soft.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

Thanks!
Did this exact setup about 2 years ago and have been very happy. Brian @ Super Shox advised me on the shocks and setting and was spot on.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have a 2016 RGU, around 250 or so..If I was to do it again I would not go with the progressive fronts. I still have dive, feels spongy to me even while stopped, and while its much better than stock, I think it would have been much better with a set that has two cartridges vs 1 in the progressive....like legend or the Ohlin.. I didnt do my research!!...as far as the rears, anything else is better..and go at least 13", not 12...smarty can get you situated for sure, Ive heard good things about the Super shox and pro-action too..and looks like they have a new design with a reservoir...good luck!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have suspension technologies on the front and back.Much improvement.They use a progressive spring in their cartridges and I like it.Soft bumps get absorbed and most of the front dive in gone.I wouldn’t want it to rigid.The rear shocks ride softer then stock and handles a passenger very well.Good price and American made.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ohlins front and rear. Highly recommended.

Onlins drop the bike at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I went with 12 inch rear. No change in ride height. Most people go with 13. The ones I got have preload adjust only. I did do a review thread. I am very happy about improved comfort, and handling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did the Ohlins in the rear and Monotubes up front last year. Ride was night and day compared to stock. If I had to do it all over again I would keep Ohlins in the rear and go with Ohlins up front. I talked to both SuperShox and Progressive in detail but Ohlins was the clear winner and the education I received from Howard was great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just installed RWD in rear and Traxxion AK20 in the front. Only went around the block so far, but, it is a completely different bike. I tend to ride pretty aggressively solo. will give more feed back in a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ohlin rear suspension!!

I'm new here (I'm still learning how to use this site), I'm interested in upgrading my rear suspension to Ohlin's HD 044 Twin 13" Shocks. I've heard that, if you use these shocks, you can not use a back rest. was wondering if that was true and if there is something you can do for the two to be compatible?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts