Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 RG that I love and do not want to part with (paid for and sentimental value). I am going to spend money on her in every area, but operation and mechanical are most critical areas for me. I am not a real showy person.

The bike is mostly stock and I want to start improvements with handling / suspension. I am 6'4 and 310 and do a lot of two-up riding with my wife who is 5' and 110.

Looking for ideas on what components I should be looking for to give us and me the best ride. With her I am a very conservative driver, with her off I tend to be an aggressive, defensive driver that enjoys leaning into the curves (numerous trips to east Tennessee and live near the Ozarks of Arkansas.

All opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Give Brian at Supershox a shout. They are extremely knowledgable and sell a great rear shock. I have them and am very happy. Also nothing but good things to say about Smarty on this forum. He is a great guy and will fill you in on what you need to make it fit your riding style.

Reactions: MightyWhitey

·
Registered
141 Posts
I recommend Howard over at motorcyclemetal.com, he is an absolute Harley suspension guru and he can customize a set of Öhlins shocks and front fork cartridges specifically for your bike, weight, and riding style. I have learned that there is a lot of science behind a properly setup suspension and this guy can teach you more than you ever want to know about it. I currently have a set of Öhlins shocks on order with him for my ’18 RGS. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Welcome, from New York to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
I also have Ohlins, Front and Rear Suspension, that I purchased from Howard, of Motorcycle Metal, and am very pleased with them.
Howard is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to motorcycle suspensions and will set you up with a Great System for Your Style of riding and talk You through the install.
You can also get a hold of Smarty, (Carol Burks) on Our Forum.
He also sells Ohlins Shocks and will give You a Great Price as well as help on how to properly install them.
Best of Luck on Your decision.
Mike U.

·
Registered
65 Posts
+1 on Howard's Ohlins set up. He customizes them specifically for you. I did front & rear on my '07 and it made a world of difference. Money well spent, as you feel it every minute you're on the bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts