Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Ricor intiminators up front and Ricor shocks on the back of my 2012 RGC. I am really not happy with how it rides and as the bike came with that suspension on it, I want a better set up than how it is now. I have narrowed it down to Ohlin's and Legend. I hear a lot about how Ohlin is the best and nothing compare's to it, but when I look on line for product videos I don't see much. When I look at Legend there is a lot of videos on how it works, rides and customers who love it.

I know this has been beat to death, but I just don't want to spend 2 grand on suspension and buy the wrong one. I am looking for some solid information from those who are using both Ohlin and Legend suspensions. I am not looking for input on any other brand please

As of now I am leaning more towards Legend due to the fact I can see the videos of the product and how it works real world. I would like to know more about Ohlin's so I can make the right decision and compare both brands fairly. I only want to purchase it one time. I also did a search but didn't find what I was looking for on Ohlin's.

Thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I currently have Ricor intiminators up front and Ricor shocks on the back of my 2012 RGC. I am really not happy with how it rides and as the bike came with that suspension on it, I want a better set up than how it is now. I have narrowed it down to Ohlin's and Legend. I hear a lot about how Ohlin is the best and nothing compare's to it, but when I look on line for product videos I don't see much. When I look at Legend there is a lot of videos on how it works, rides and customers who love it.

I know this has been beat to death, but I just don't want to spend 2 grand on suspension and buy the wrong one. I am looking for some solid information from those who are using both Ohlin and Legend suspensions. I am not looking for input on any other brand please

As of now I am leaning more towards Legend due to the fact I can see the videos of the product and how it works real world. I would like to know more about Ohlin's so I can make the right decision and compare both brands fairly. I only want to purchase it one time. I also did a search but didn't find what I was looking for on Ohlin's.

Thanks in advance
Mark
I sent you a pm Serg. All I can say about Ohlin's is attention to detail to get the very best handling Harley out there hands down. Are there other good shocks out there, absolutely, but everyone is shooting at the main player Ohlin.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I put the axeo,s in my 16rgs. They are a little stiff on small bumps but soak up the big stuff extremely well. The bike tracks true an feels planted. Can't comment on the rears I have Super Shocks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
There are several people on here that have Ohlins that will chime in. You've set a budget so what are you needing/wanting/expecting the package to do for you?

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
If you're looking for Ohlins pm Howard, Fast Harley, or Speedy they have much info and very helpful.
I bought the Ohlins FKC 101 and Howard's Ohlins #6 with remote reservoir.
I haven't had it out for a ride yet but I'm expecting a new awesome ride based on my research.
Best of Luck on whatever you choose.
Mike U.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. I did talk to smarty today and he is a top notch guy. Very helpful and asked all the right questions. Needless to say I have decided to go with Ohlins. As far as what I am looking for well the best way I can explain it is when I am out on the back roads I want my bike to absorb all the crazy bumps and dips and pot holes. With the ricor I don't feel that at all. I went around a turn and there was a big bump across the road and I almost ate it as the bike was all over the place. I also like the fact that Ohlins has an extensive race and track history behind them.

Reactions: turbochrisb

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I did talk to smarty today and he is a top notch guy. .

@Smarty is a dick.....I texted him once during my purchase and it took him almost (45) seconds to text back........shower my ass !!!!!!

Anyone looking, he is your man - Went out of his way to help me and whether he likes it or not......became a great friend in the process - BUUUUT, with Smarty you get @eddienelson too and that can be a deal breaker for some.....I had to learn to live with it

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
@Smarty is a dick.....I texted him once during my purchase and it took him almost (45) seconds to text back........shower my ass !!!!!!

Anyone looking, he is your man - Went out of his way to help me and whether he likes it or not......became a great friend in the process - BUUUUT, with Smarty you get @eddienelson too and that can be a deal breaker for some.....I had to learn to live with it
Well Steady, we all have some baggage we bring to the table with us, some worse than others. What can I say brutha!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Call Howard.
He can guide you thoughtout the shocks upgrade and set them to your weight etc. Will give u earl full of info.

Reactions: Bandit 7

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I don't blame you one bit for swapping out the Ricors. I had Intiminators on my 2012 RGC and thought they would be a tremendous improvement. I found out right quick that stock felt better. My opinion of course. Looking forward to hearing what you go with and your feedback on how they feel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just went through this and Howard gives you WAY more info than you need but in my case that was a good thing. Got educated as well. Everything showed up just like he said and the price was great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
A little birdie told me that Smarty / Ohlins might be a SharkWeek Supporter at SharkWeek...

I know who I'll $pend my $uspen$ion Money with...

Reactions: Smarty

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Damn It Boy! I go away for 2 days and all hell breaks lose! @SteadyEddie don't make me send you another picture of my vest...>:)

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
A little birdie told me that Smarty / Ohlins might be a SharkWeek Supporter at SharkWeek...

I know who I'll $pend my $uspen$ion Money with...
So you and Miss J are coming to SW? Good deal. We didn't get to visit with you guys much last fall in the Valley.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So you and Miss J are coming to SW? Good deal. We didn't get to visit with you guys much last fall in the Valley.
Yea Mike, "The Ball & Chain" sounded pretty interested when Smarty mentioned SharkWeek!!!

Sorry,,, We were under the weather,,, 'Didn't really get to visit much with anybody...

'Hope to see y'all in Cherokee:grin:

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Yea Mike, "The Ball & Chain" sounded pretty interested when Smarty mentioned SharkWeek!!!

Sorry,,, We were under the weather,,, 'Didn't really get to visit much with anybody...

'Hope to see y'all in Cherokee:grin:
Good deal. We'll see you in a few months then. I'm heading to the MITM solo as Debi doesn't want to burn all her vacation by the end of July so if you're going to be there, I'll see ya then too.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Good deal. We'll see you in a few months then. I'm heading to the MITM solo as Debi doesn't want to burn all her vacation by the end of July so if you're going to be there, I'll see ya then too.
Yep, We'll see 'ya in ES in June:smile:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts