Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, what's up everybody I've missed my online family. Haven't been active on here in a long time.

I got a new job that I'm hesitant to take a week off so I'm only going to SW for a few days. Thinking about leaving Tuesday after work and staying Wednesday and Leaving late Thursday. It's about 4 hours for me.

All you veterans how do you think I should shape the trip? Be there earlier or later in the week? What are some of the best days. Woodsie when will the moose show be happening?:eek::eek:

Probably riding up with Rlaf75 if we can make schedules meet. Anyone else is welcome.

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
I've only been to one SW, but IMO the days you're choosing will be good. Something is always happening, and with those days everyone should definitely already be there.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only been to one SW, but IMO the days you're choosing will be good. Something is always happening, and with those days everyone should definitely already be there.
Thanks Dbell. Your going right? Look forward to meeting someone who has 3 of every RG part. ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,897 Posts
First off, what's up everybody I've missed my online family. Haven't been active on here in a long time.

I got a new job that I'm hesitant to take a week off so I'm only going to SW for a few days. Thinking about leaving Tuesday after work and staying Wednesday and Leaving late Thursday. It's about 4 hours for me.

All you veterans how do you think I should shape the trip? Be there earlier or later in the week? What are some of the best days. Woodsie when will the moose show be happening?:eek::eek:

Probably riding up with Rlaf75 if we can make schedules meet. Anyone else is welcome.

Lax who???

I PM'd you.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Lax,

One of my favorite things about SW is the first arrival on the Monday evening, the "ride in" I guess you could say. You'll be greeted like a long lost friend by everyone on a roadglide and even some of the batwingers that hang around.

I know new jobs suck about arranging holiday time but were I in your shoes and only 4 hours away, I would leave work a little early ride up Monday evening and then beg to buy your raffle tickets early and let Tracy know what items and how many tickets on each before you ride back Thursday.

I really think you will enjoy the company of Mon, Tues, Wed evenings. Most importantly you should be there to see the proposals for next year's host and complete a ballot before you leave.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'll do my best at calling your boss with my "vinnie barbarino's mother" impersonation....all I need is a phone # :D

Any days there are better than no days there....Do what you can lax and don't jeopardize your job, we'll open a tab in the bar in your name !!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome back from the layoff Lax. And congrats on the new job. I myself have only been to one as well. I would do my best to leave Monday after work. It looks like tuesday is going to be a great day of events. But as long as you can make it. Every day will be great and go by way to fast. See you up there :)

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
I'm with those who suggest earlier in the week. We still like each other at that point. Whatever day the whale watch is could play into your decision, since I believe those who go are scheduled to get back late. I would avoid the banquet, 'cause I've seen these people eat - and it's not a pretty site.

·
7,897 Posts
..... I would avoid the banquet, 'cause I've seen these people eat - and it's not a pretty site.
I think whoever captures on video all those flatlanders trying to figure out how to break apart and eat a whole lobster is a shoe-in for America's Funniest Home Video! We probably should post the "No hammers, vicegrips, or pliers" rules right now! :D

·
7,897 Posts
Thanks Calgary and YBnormal. I'm just happy I'm gonna have the opportunity to get to a SW.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Lax, there are several people on here who know that you spend a week at Old Orchard Beach in Maine every year. They have contacted me and asked that I request that you leave your Speedo Man-kini at home. While I've never seen pics of you in your Speedo it does seem like a reasonable request. :eek:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think whoever captures on video all those flatlanders trying to figure out how to break apart and eat a whole lobster is a shoe-in for America's Funniest Home Video! We probably should post the "No hammers, vicegrips, or pliers" rules right now! :D
Probably should clarify they aren't allowed to use their dates forehead either:eek:

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lax, there are several people on here who know that you spend a week at Old Orchard Beach in Maine every year. They have contacted me and asked that I request that you leave your Speedo Man-kini at home. While I've never seen pics of you in your Speedo it does seem like a reasonable request. :eek:
It's called a banana hammock for my yogurt slinger. :D:eek:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Being there when everyone arrives is pretty cool. Tough call between the arrival day and the Thursday night festivities.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts