Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Daughters of the Utah Pioneers sent us a letter of acknowledgement and thanks for the contribution that we made following Shark Week III. They are honoring RG.org with an announcement and a permanent plaque in their museum. Thanks again to all that helped support SW III and this worthy recipient.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
RG.org on a permanent plaque in a Museum. Now that's impressive and shows how great this forum is. Big time props to the SWIII host, organizers, volunteers, sponsers and all of the partipants who made it the success it was. It was a great event and nice donation to a good cause.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Props to Ron and everyone else who made SWIII a great event, and also "payed it forward." Great to hear that our $$ went to a good cause. Glad to have been there and contributed!

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Oh how awesome! I love being able to give to these smaller, less 'advertised' charities. They most often don't get the big donations that the larger ones do and are so excited and thankful.

This is just terrific.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yes, all future SW Rallies should only look for small, local Charity to "Pay it Forward".
This way they don't get lost in the crowd.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
RG.org on a permanent plaque in a Museum. Now that's impressive and shows how great this forum is. Big time props to the SWIII host, organizers, volunteers, sponsers and all of the partipants who made it the success it was. It was a great event and nice donation to a good cause.
Well said Ken!

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
Local charity was and will always be part of Shark Week.

Sharkweek 1 - Donation to battle field preservation at Gettysburg

Sharkweek 2 - Buffalo Bill Cody museum in Leclaire Iowa

Sharkweek 3 - Daughters of the Pioneers Museum in St George, Utah

Perhaps Kevin and G-man can develop a short list for us to decide from.

It's nice to give back!

Gypsy Tour '14. - PA Route 6 and so much more.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,951 Posts
Chris, you're a bit late with that thought. We posted way back in Nov. (as part of our "Frequently Asked Questions" thread) that our chosen charity is the Shriner's Hospitals.

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
Well this is nice but wish I had gone and checked out the museum...maybe next time.
ken
Ken,

I spent a day in St George at the Daughter of the Pioneers Museum and their art museum. The art museum had a great display of Russian Icons. I always try to take one day to check out the town instead of riding.

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts