Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Select events at SW IV this year will be streamed live.

Some of the stream will be static (sitting on a stand with 1 view) and some will have a real deal camera man operating the camera (walking around)

This is the first time we have every done this... so please do not expect perfection or CNN quality reporting! We are not 100% sure that the internet will handle the stream, but we are going to give it a try.

Connect here:
http://ustre.am/1g9Ve

Schedule: (thank you NWM for the corrections..the below times have been corrected...)

Tuesday at 8:00pm - 11pm
T-Shirt Swap & SW V presentations

Wednesday at 9:30 - 10:30pm
Around the camp... A live look!

Thursday at 6:30 - 930pm
Awards dinner SW V winner announced

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,671 Posts
Dan might be planning on streaming more than we talked about, which is fine, but I want to make sure that you all realize that on Tuesday the T-shirt swap doesn't start until 8:00 and the SW5 presentations follow that.

Also, on Thursday we're doing the group photo at 5, the bar opens at 5:45, with the dinner being served at 6:30. It will likely be 7:45 or so before we start the awards ceremony. The raffle will probably start around 8:30+. Just wanted to clarify.

And both GMAN and I are thankful to Dan for giving this a shot. Time will tell if it will work as planned, but we figured it was worth a shot if it allowed all of you to watch and hear what was going on.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
What happened to the deal that whatever happens in Maine, stays in Maine:eek:

·
7,671 Posts
We'll stream only the public events such as those specifically mentioned that take place in the banquet rooms, and the parking lot party will not be streamed after dark. No late night streaming, no non-public place streaming. No problems! That is the compromise position that seemed reasonable, given the desire a lot of members had to see a couple of the activities, such as the SW5 presentations.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dan might be planning on streaming more than we talked about, which is fine, but I want to make sure that you all realize that on Tuesday the T-shirt swap doesn't start until 8:00 and the SW5 presentations follow that.

Also, on Thursday we're doing the group photo at 5, the bar opens at 5:45, with the dinner being served at 6:30. It will likely be 7:45 or so before we start the awards ceremony. The raffle will probably start around 8:30+. Just wanted to clarify.

And both GMAN and I are thankful to Dan for giving this a shot. Time will tell if it will work as planned, but we figured it was worth a shot if it allowed all of you to watch and hear what was going on.
Heads up for the folks out west those broadcast times are in an eastern time zone. Correct me if that"s not how the streaming works.

·
7,671 Posts
Yes.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I adjusted the times in the first post. I really got those screwed up somehow.

I did not officially include the pic even but we will do best effort to stream it.

I also attached a screen shot of the guide you will see when you visit the RG.O channel.

btw... I agree.. im not sure what the concern is with streaming. Everyone has a cell phone with a video cam and that shit hits facebook / youtube instantly when something GOOD gets captured.

I'll have a stack of brown paper bags for those folks who wish to remain anonymous.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
This is awesome. Thanks Dan!

I so wish I could be there, but this helps. I'll definitely tune in for the SWV presentations.

·
7,671 Posts
Thanks but I have my own disguise! I just need help pronouncing my name. A little help here, Dan?

Does Frankie do YOUR grooming too? Looks nice. Slightly reminiscent of an Afghan Hound.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Anything you're dumb enough to do in front of a camera gets uploaded to youtube within 12hrs...
That's precisely my point, I'm not dumb enough to do it in front of a camera, hence it is not as much fun . Cameras take away the spontaneity.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lurking and Peeking In...

This is great news for those of us that couldn't make it this year. I look forward to peeking in at you all.
May need some more cell #'s so the rest of us can text in. Oh boy, nothing could go wrong there could it? Care to share?
I have some already, and you know who you are !!! LOL.
Really sorry to miss the parking lot after dark parties. They were great at SW3.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This will throw a wrench into the washer! Not really fond of looking over my shoulder to see if any camera is up my butt! Why does this era need to see everything? Then bitch & moan when they are plastered all over the internet. Rant over:(

1 - 20 of 64 Posts