Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Russell & Randall caravan from Omaha, pulled in safely today at 5:00 PM. 525 miles yesterday and 475 today. The boys did great and had a great time!
ImageUploadedByMO Free1434838671.355869.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1434838682.585785.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1434838694.941111.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
743 Posts
CNIDog, Glad you and the boys were there and made it home safe and sound. Lisa and I pulled up to the house this afternoon after riding all day without tunes. HK crapped out right out of Amarillo, guess I get to start shopping for another head unit.

Was great seeing everyone again! Be safe out there

Killed a few west texas bugs along the way

2750 miles round trip, way shorter than last year.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Rolled in safe and sound here at 6PM after separating from my very good friends Troy, Jack and Chuck this morning in Roswell, NM.

What a great week. I'm hoisting a Shiner right now in salute to the Texas crew. Well done, boys. Prosit!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got home last night about 5:00,1258 miles total.had a great time.Hope everybody has a trouble free ride home.texas crew knocked it out of the park!both SW pitches was great,I hope WV will pitch again in Canada.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Back in Tennessee this afternoon. One day going. Took two days returning. Nice easy ride home.
Total miles to and from SW was around 1745. Rain going. Clear and sunny returning.
Great riding and friends. SW is the best!! Now for the next time??

·
Registered
700 Posts
I got home this afternoon. Only 15 minutes of light rain as we left Kerrville. The skies parted for us all the way home. We followed the old El Camino Real to Natchez, great ride but dang the last 3 hours through Mississippi and Lower Alabama were damn hot.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Made home yesterday as well. Like Gary R said the last days ride was hot as hell. Sat down last night to look at pictures and woke up this morning in my chair. Wore out for sure. I would do it all again today if I could.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
It's good to see those of you that've made it home safe. Karen and I made it home at 9a this morning. The mail contained a AAA Westways magazine featuring "Beautiful Banff" on the cover. See ya'll next year. Thank you very much to the all the Hosts and Sponsers of SWV.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's good to see those of you that've made it home safe. Karen and I made it home at 9a this morning. The mail contained a AAA Westways magazine featuring "Beautiful Banff" on the cover. See ya'll next year. Thank you very much to the all the Hosts and Sponsers of SWV.

Kenny, glad you & Karen made it home safe. Take a pic of the AAA cover and post it on the SW VI thread.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I intended to be home last night, but mother nature had different plans for me. After 825 miles down on Friday I only managed 575 on Saturday. The rain on route 81 in southern, VA was relentless and I soon realized the safest thing to do was give up for the night. I was wet, cold, and the rain was dropping so fast I could hardly see.

Made it home at noon today after 4254 glorious rain soaked miles. Had a great time. Thanks to the Texas crew for putting on a great event.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Rolled in at 1pm today. Running the slab is no fun but it sure clicks off the miles in a hurry. Was reminded of Joel's toll booth story this morning after I rolled into the wrong lane at 5am and didn't get a ticket to start our trip on the Kansas turnpike. 110m later I rolled up to the booth and said "Uh?? I didn't get a ticket??" "Yep, happens all the time, $5 please........." :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Safe

After 6800km we (Cyclops) rolled in at 7pm tonight. Dodged the rain almost completely. Safe and sound. Hot shower and bed. What a ride!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I rolled in about 8 last night, a mere 2719 miles....the last 110 miles the easiest as a replay of Saturday nights James Taylor concert live at the Apollo came on and made the drive seem like 15 minutes.

Due to health issues I debated even going to this years SW, I couldn't ride or even drink :eek: but as anyone thats been to one knows after attending one, SW becomes as much like a family reunion as a bike rally, so I went wanting the chance to catch up with old friends. I had a great time and I can't tell you how good it felt catching up with old friends and meeting new ones after being cooped up the last 4 months. I've rode the Hill Country the last couple years and loved it. On a bike it's hard to wipe the smile off your face as you ride the sisters, rt. 16 and on and on but in a car, albeit a BUICK, I found out quickly it's no place for a car so I stayed out of the way and let the riders do their do. Tropical storm Bill didn't bother SW much, despite most people getting wet in varying degree's Tuesday the rest of the week was mostly sunny and pretty dry.

Thanks to the Texas crew for putting on a great event in every aspect and leaving no stone unturned. It seems the bar for hosting Shark Week gets set higher and higher every year!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I just rolled in this evening. Spent a extra day in San Antonio.
Just shy of 6000 on this trip! Worst part is the last 125 miles of traffic ( and losing yet another horn!!)

A great time, met more great people!

Cant wait for next year. Maybe my horn will stay on this time ?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts