Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Priorities got me this year but I will be there for SW VI where ever it is. By the way everybody likes a little A$$ but nobody likes a smart A$$.

Reactions: dwsmith

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wv has some of the best riding and the Grand Canyon of the East, New River Gorge.

V O T E W V ! !

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Priorities got me this year but I will be there for SW VI where ever it is. By the way everybody likes a little A$$ but nobody likes a smart A$$.
Actually here at SWV we love his smart ass.:D Voting tonight. Canadians have been campaigning real hard for sure . Going to be interesting.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I made it through the rain. Time to vote tonight.

everybody likes a little A$$ but nobody likes a smart A$$.
Rather have a smart one than "No A$$".
Plus better to be smart than dumb. lol

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The Pitches

Calgary Glide and Hutmo did outstanding jobs preparing their presentations and making their cases.

The Canadians have supported Shark Weeks I through V with higher attendance than many other states. They deserve their shot.

Hutmo pointed out that 3 of the last 4 SWs have been held west of the Mississippi and then presented some terrific ride routes. SWVI in West VA would be awesome.

This will be a close call. Its a TOUGH call. Honestly, the only losers are the ones who don't go next year.

Irrespective of that fact, it's a given that people will bitch about whatever location is elected. Hutmo made a great point that for all the people who complain that there's no Shark Week in Colorado or California, none of them step up and pitch for the vote. I'm anxiously awaiting the results, even though in all likelihood, I'll be on Oz.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be there either way but WV would be a lot closer and save some leave time. I have a feeling it will be in Canada which is not a bad thing, great riding there as well.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,967 Posts
.......for all the people who complain that there's no Shark Week in Colorado or California, none of them step up and pitch for the vote. .....

....... ever since the vote for SW2, one'a the rules is that you can't have a Shark Week till you've been to Shark Week.
.... i'd badly wanted to make SWV to start a drum roll for Colorado in '18, as a once-in-a-lifetime 'ride viewable' art installation is set to occur along the Arkansas River canyon that summer.
........ family responsibilities got in the way though, so will have to present another year.
........ we'd love to see ya'll here in the Mountains
... we'll get a presentation together in time for 'Over the River'
........ Go Can ayydia

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,454 Posts
The disappointment the wife and I had after having to cancel our SWV plans this year were quickly replaced by the excitement of the two potential locations for SWVI. God willing we will be at SWVI. I can't wait to find out where it will be, lots of good reasons to be excited about both possibilities and I am kind of glad that I didn't have to choose!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Canadians tend to be riding fools. :) in another motorcycle group I belong to a large contingent of Canadians always show up at the annual event and ride a lot of miles to get there. I like the idea of Canada. It will finally get me off my butt and get a paasport.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
......... i'd badly wanted to make SWV to start a drum roll for Colorado in '18, as a once-in-a-lifetime 'ride viewable' art installation is set to occur along the Arkansas River canyon that summer.
The only problem I see with Colorado is riding through the clouds of "Pot Smoke". :cool:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
....... ever since the vote for SW2, one'a the rules is that you can't have a Shark Week till you've been to Shark Week.
.... Go Can ayydia
Having to have been to a Shark Week is no longer a qualification to hosting a SW per se anymore, two of the major players in the last two SW's had never been to a SW....BUT you do need a representative at SW to give the presentation or at least help with it. The main part of the Maine presentation was done via internet with a rep at SW answering questions etc.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts