Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am going to be tackling swapping my bars over to WO612 here shortly and have a few questions. I was reading about a spacer you need to put in the brake leveler to not break something, is this true?

Also can I just swap without any additional parts on a 13? I have been told the wires are long enough but others have said to swap the TBW. Is there any reason I can't leave the green plug in the bars like it comes stock? I like to not have to swap to much extra stuff. I do have heated grips on the bike already too.

Thanks
SnowBandit

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Yes shim the lever . It keeps you from breaking the tit off the brake light switch. If you don't shim it , just be very careful when re-installing and you'll be fine. Replace the tbw with the SE tbw because it eliminates the green connector.you could just cut the connector out and solder the wires together. Either way get rid of the green connector.
Not sure about if you need extended clutch or brake line but you'll have plenty of wire to work with.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just did the WO612B 12" Black Outlawz myself last weekend. No problem with the brakes. Yes the existing wiring is long enough, the clutch cable may need to be rerouted some do some don't. Those lower mitered 90s on the bars will test you patience but the wires will go. There is a Sticky thread on here Posted by Donk and the instructions will get you through the process it helped me immensely even though I have done other bikes before, A RG is different beast for sure that's why we love em so much. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts