Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I must be getting old? Put a D&D on my 15 RoadGlide this past August. Too loud,...... even swapped the baffle for the “quiet” baffle. Not much difference (Imho). I had a FatCat on an 07 Ultra 3 bikes and 8 years ago, and loved it. Don’t remember it being that loud. Anyway,.... I’m going to put the V&H Power Duals back on, and undecided on which slip ons to go with. Was leaning towards the Hi Outputs, but concerned about the baffle size and low end torque loss. Had the Crusher mellows on but sold them. Little too quiet. Bassani DNT’s? Anyone have any feedback on these? V&H Monster Rounds?
The motor is stock. Just have a breather and tuner. Does anyone know of a 4.5” muffler that performs well?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I would say to get the MGS slip ons but they are currently out of stock on these, i have them and love them, rinehart 4 inch mufflers are the way to go for torque, which would be my second choice, dont know if you would consider these, maybe they are too loud.:nerd:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Easy Peazy.

Find a set of pre owned CVO 4" cans, order a set FULLSAC CVO Baffles. (Choose your baffle size)

Form what you are saying, I would recommend either the 2.00" or 2.25" Fullsac baffles size. Also send the

Little extra dough and get the baffle screens.

Quite at idle, they Bark when you get on it!

Fullsac.com

YB

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you look at the S&S MK45 mufflers? I’m leaning towards them myself. Comes with a db reducer that can be removed if you choose. I like the sound, not too loud imo.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you look at the S&S MK45 mufflers? I’m leaning towards them myself. Comes with a db reducer that can be removed if you choose. I like the sound, not too loud imo.
Yes, I saw those. Not sure of the baffle in those. Like YellowBird suggested...... I think a 2.0”or 2.25” baffle will work best.
A lot of the 4.5” mufflers have a larger baffle.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
IMHO, with a seat of the pants dyno, I highly doubt you would feel any real difference if you went with a HO V&H 4.5 (I have them now) or a smaller core like a Fullsac'ed CVO Can (which is what I replaced for my V&H HOs) - I can only really see a difference if you get into more major modification then just AC and Tuner - MAAAAAAYBE a 1 or 2 HP MAX loss which I doubt you would ever even notice

Again, just my opinion

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
If your going with V&H Power Dualls, go with their slip-on’s.

Then get their FP-3 Auto Tuner and you’ll have a big smile on your face.

I went that route and everything performs well and when I hit it, it’s plenty loud.

Everything works great together since it’s their full exhaust setup.

I like V&H’s products and their tech support is spot on

JMO

Swomack

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your going with V&H Power Dualls, go with their slip-on’s.

Then get their FP-3 Auto Tuner and you’ll have a big smile on your face.

I went that route and everything performs well and when I hit it, it’s plenty loud.

Everything works great together since it’s their full exhaust setup.

I like V&H’s products and their tech support is spot on

JMO

Swomack

Still have the Power Duals ( took em off for the D&D ). I sold the Crusher Mellows though. I’ve ran a bunch of different mufflers with this headpipe ( Rinehart, CFR, Cobra 4.5 , Kury Crushers ) never Vance and Hines though. Had these various set ups on my last bike, and have been out of the exhaust game for a while. Last bike had motor done by Kirby at VeeTwin though, so hard to compare. I was really surprised at all the new muffler choices when I started looking. The “ go to “ pipes were always V&H , and Rinehart. I’ve watched endless YouTube clips, but ...... well, hard to tell. We’ve had snow already, so I have a few months to sort it out. This was going to be my winter project, and nothing else. Now I’m starting to think maybe some cams too! Andrews 48’s! Cam choice...... that’s a whole other discussion. Lol

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If the D&D with the quiet baffle is too loud for you common sense would say to stay away from a large twin muffler setup as well. I'd say stick with a 3" or 3.5" muffler instead. Almost every pipe that is 4" or 4.5" will be loud, I had CFR's and they were LOUD cruising around town and on the highway! Go with a smaller muffler, V&H Big Ovals would prob be something suited for you, a mellow rumble at cruise and highway speeds. I'd hate to see you purchase a new setup and still be unhappy, but pick quick! Black friday specials will be here in a few days!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
My buddy has Vance and Hines big ovals on his Road King and they are deep but mellow IMO compared to my MGS with the loud baffles or even my Rinehart, they also have a screen in them to keep it at a lower decibel.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ive got the SE ones on my 2017 RGU and I just love them.
I almost went with a Billet cat but I was told they are a little loud and the Fatcat I have on my Fatboy is really loud especially if you get on it.They are a great performing pipe for getting that torque early. I put a decatted stock pipe on mainly to lose the heat it gave it a little deeper note with the street cannons at idle not a lot of difference I can tell on the road. IMO HD did a good job with the headpipe on the m8 there is not much difference I have seen between a decatted stock pipe and other 2-1-2 headers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m leaning towards the Vance & Hines monster rounds. A buddy had them on a CVO Street Glide and if I remember correctly, they were pretty deep and not too loud. At the time I had the Cobra 4.5’s and the monster rounds were a little deeper and louder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts