Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike: 16 Road Glide Ultra

OK.. so I was in Ocean City Md for bike week and a day before heading back I noticed that my bike started "swaying" back and forth.. to confirm.. i put it to a decent speed and placed on Cruise Control and left go my hands.. and true enough the bike would sway from left to right slowly. When I steer i do feel a "slight" pull left to right. ever so slightly that I could control bike no issues..
made sure weight distribution was ok.

I did ride bike all way back to NY (3.5 hrs) and it seems I could control it for the most part.. But anyone have any idea.
While in MD i did go to harley dealer and he mentioned that it might need to align front end or check bearings..
didn't have a chance to go to dealer but just wanted to see if anyone had ideas..

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
498 Posts
make sure you have pressure in your tires. I put on some new Michelin Commander II's and didn't realize I had almost no air in the front tire. Turned out some of the chrome on the lip of the rim
was flaking away and was allowing the air to escape. You cant tell by looking at the front tire, but once u start riding it feels like its caught in a rut on the road and wants to go all over the place.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Lot of Road Glides at OC BikeFest this year. Vendors were less prevalent than in previous years.

Check the tire pressure and for cupping or wear of tires. Were you on crowned roads? A lot of that in/around Ocean City.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Tire pressures
Wheel bearings
Rear wheel alignment
Front end alignment (has the bike been dropped or ridden hard into a wheel chock?)
Steering head bearing adjustment

I can ride no hands for several miles with the cruise control on, not that I would do that, on my '16 RGU with >10,000 miles on it.

How many miles on your tires?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check your tire pressure. How many miles are on your tires? Tires that still have tread, but are close to th end of their useful life will sometimes exhibit what you’re experiencing. Not saying it can’t happen, but it’s a little early for a neck bearing issue assuming the adjustment was correct from the factory. Harley's history with bad wheel bearings is a different story.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It was tire pressure in mine, I found 36 pounds is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts