Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since it's only 77 days away from Shark week III. I figured I should start doing some ruff planning for my ride to Sturgis after St George.

http://goo.gl/maps/Fa5nH

I have ridden to where the 24 and 95 meet before. But I headed north to the 70 last year. This year I want to make it down and ride the 550 (Million Dollar HWY) And then head across the Blue Mesa Reservoir. First time threw this area. And keep reading great things about both of them on this forum.

I'm thinking I will make it to Cortez the 1st night (487 miles).

Any and all comments that may improve this trip is more than welcome.

Places to eat?, Diff route, Hotels, good landmarks....etc

It all starts with a plan... And I love it when a plan comes together :D

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There was also some talk about some members wanting to ride the 12 after Shark week on friday morning as well. Chime in on that also if your thinking about it. Maybe we can get a group ride leaving the Lex.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Might just be me, but I tend to swing FAR away from places like Denver unless I have a compelling reason(free accomadotions??) to go there. Looking at your map, I'd swing north up hwys 9,40, and 34 through Rocky Mountain National park and into the Loveland Fort Collins area. We've been though there a few years ago, the area north of I70 especially is worth seeing.

Our SWIII routes include going straight west from Fort Collins on the way out, and then the southern route on the way back, staying far from Denver again.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My buddy and I are planning on heading up to Idaho Falls, then touch Montana and dip through northern Wyoming.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I wish I could roll out there with you Z-SHARK. I'm hoping to make it to Sturgis next year. See you at SWIII.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Subscribing to this one. Looking for a ride back east that may include Sturgis, then home to Georgia.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might just be me, but I tend to swing FAR away from places like Denver unless I have a compelling reason(free accomadotions??) to go there. Looking at your map, I'd swing north up hwys 9,40, and 34 through Rocky Mountain National park and into the Loveland Fort Collins area. We've been though there a few years ago, the area north of I70 especially is worth seeing.

Our SWIII routes include going straight west from Fort Collins on the way out, and then the southern route on the way back, staying far from Denver again.
I didn't mind riding threw Denver last year. But your suggestion looks much better. For this reason alone I'm glad I made this thread. Thanks for the reroute... Some of that 9, 40 and 34 look awesome. I'll probably stay in Breckenridge or Silverthorne sat. Unless someone has a better idea.

here's the new version of the trip

http://goo.gl/maps/J2Nym

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I could roll out there with you Z-SHARK. I'm hoping to make it to Sturgis next year. See you at SWIII.
Wish you could make it also Mjsdouble. I'd point my front wheel with yours anytime. Maybe next years SW will allow us to pass threw Sturgis together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts