Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, switch covers..... How the hell do these damn things come off?? I have loosed every screw that can be found and yet the right one doesn't want to let go. I have jacked with the right side so long, I haven't even got around to getting mad at the left yet. I have been careful not to break anything, but my fuse is about to burn out and I'm sure the stock switch housing will be the victim of the assult. Anyway, I'd like to figure this thing out with the assistance of any of you that would like to add your advice. If there is a video on the web that can walk me through it, that'd be great. Youtube had some posts, but I felt they were edited to remove the cussing. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
:mad:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Did you loosen the clamp thats on the opposite side of the switch housing from the grip?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, all screws where taken off and it seemed as though there was something still holding the bottom on. The wires were tight, but an inspection with a super bright LED flash light could find no additional hardware.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure whether you'd solved the problem yet, but, I changed them out recently and aside from stuffing the wire wrap back in for reinstall, it wasn't too bad. I, too, thought I'd missed something because it still wouldn't come apart when all the screws were removed. Grab each half and muscle it apart! You won't break anything. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Make sure you remove the brackets that hold your brake & clutch levers the mirrors and front brake reservoir are mounted to those bracket also . Be careful putting things back together because it is very easy to pinch wires .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts