Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In '09 I rode my FLHTCU to Sturgis to get some exhaust work done. Had Rinehart true duals put on, big sucker air breather, and a power commander (think it was the V).
Can I take the power commander out of the elecrta glide, and do a plug and play into my 2012 road glide? I am having a full stage 1 and 2 on the RG.
I will deal with setting up the electra glide later.
I figured there is no reason to buy another tuner if I don't have to.
Now if I can't ( here goes a can of worms...) which auto tuner would you suggest

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Contact Fuel Moto. It is a matter of buying a second license for the tuner.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
743 Posts
I believe that unlike the power vision, the power commander remains on the bike at all times and must be plugged into the ecu to operate. Therefore, it's a one bike at a time deal. Once married to one bike, it must be "divorced' from that bike to move it to another.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Yes, you can move your PCV to the other bike as both bikes use the same one (Part # 15-011). You will however need to go to the Power Commander website and download a new map to the PCV that matches your current setup for the 2012.

If you purchased the PCV from Fuel-Moto they will also supply the maps you need (lifetime maps are one of the benefits of purchasing from FM).

·
Registered
830 Posts
Of course this all means that your old bike will run extremely lean. Good thing I am not the guy buying your old bike....:mad:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just change the PC-V from the '10 to the '12, the maps should be pretty close.

If the map is not close enough, you can always get a map from DynoJet or FuelMoto...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took the PC-V, Thunderheader exhaust and Fuel Moto stage 1 air cleaner off of my 2009 FLHX and put it all on my 2013 FLTRX. Fuel Moto sent me a new map for going from the 96" to the 103" and everything works better than ever!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course this all means that your old bike will run extremely lean. Good thing I am not the guy buying your old bike....:mad:
If I decided to go this route. I would at least put the HD download into the ultra. I am not an a$$h0l3

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes, you can move your PCV to the other bike as both bikes use the same one (Part # 15-011). You will however need to go to the Power Commander website and download a new map to the PCV that matches your current setup for the 2012.

If you purchased the PCV from Fuel-Moto they will also supply the maps you need (lifetime maps are one of the benefits of purchasing from FM).
Yeah this !!!

·
Registered
79 Posts

How long does it usually take for them to send you a map?

I noticed you have the TW222 cams. How do like them?

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
How long does it usually take for them to send you a map?

I noticed you have the TW222 cams. How do like them?
Loving the 222's on my bike. Plenty of get up and go.

If you get the map from Power Commander you can download it yourself from the website.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/MapLookUp/powercommander_map_lookup.aspx?mkid=20&mkname=Harley-Davidson&mdlid=313&mdlname=Touring Models&yrid=2012

If you purchased from FM and are getting one from them you have to follow their guidelines here,

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/fuel-maps.html

The site says "turnaround is typically 72 hours".

I have seen my requests usually within 24-48 hours from FM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts