Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this last year and it turned into an 11 page thread that contained a lot of good info, so lets try it again.....

Lets see your list of preparations for SWIV.
What are you packing, what neat new stuff have you bought or buying, what are your travel plans.

Here's mine:

Routes/maps are mostly drawn out, leaving Iowa on Friday August 8th, arriving at SW on Monday the 11th. 4 days out, 3 days back, 2971mi round trip, not including the rides at SW.
Maps are all entered into Harley's Ride Planner and will be loaded onto the Garmin soon.

Motel reservations made since April, will be verified by phone in the next couple weeks.

Motel reservations for the 2 dogs were made in May, vaccinations up to date.

New Michelin CommanderII front tire ordered, along with Ride-On tire sealant and new brake pads all around. Bike will get a full inspection or two and full service before leaving.
Might seem like a waste, but a FULL cleaning of the entire bike helps to find those loose nuts and bolts etc before they become an issue.

Ordered a new set of U-Clear bluetooth compatible helmet communicators.

http://www.uclear-digital.com/us/product/group/hbc100-plus/hbc100d-plus-dual-pack-powersports-helmet-communication-system.html
Yes, our bike has a built in intercom system, however the cords are a pain in the ass, plus we both enjoy our Pandora and I-Heart listening, but not necessarily the same things at the same time. These will theoretically allow us to communicate with each other, and also listen to our seperate favorites if wanted, all cordlessly.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Lets see yours...................

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Work many hours of OT :eek: to pay for everything :D

Ok did buy 2 new Bell Revolver helmets, and Sena Bluetooth because most states up the East coast have helmet laws. Will be doing a complete service.

Oh yea think the better half is getting a new camera for photo's of the journey.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I put in for the time off and made hotel reservations as soon as I knew the dates and place, I guess I should call the hotel to reconfirm. I was planning the trip route, then thought to myself I have AAA, why not let them do it for me...... done, including the paths and stops I want to make. Now I'm just trying to figure what I want to donate for the raffle so I'll know if I need to mail it or bring it with me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
New back tire just put on. Will need to pick up new plug kit (reason for new back tire).
Self-service completed. Will clean the K&N filter one more time before launch.
Sena SHM10R added to modular helmet for easy listening during any bad weather or nite riding.
Eye appointment for new contacts made.
Tourpak and saddlebag luggage purchased and trial fitted.
New lid tethers installed.
SW V presentation tweaking underway!
Route is from Omaha! Omaha! To Dayton, Ohio the first day. After that, it's play by ear and weather to the host hotel on Monday afternoon!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,886 Posts
I'd share my prep list .... but then reality would set in and I'd probably kill myself! :)

Actually we're in good shape but still lots to be done that can't be done til the last minute. GMAN SERGU is working hard on the day ride routes and drafting Road Captains and Tailgunners. Anyone interested in volunteering to help with 1, 2 or all 3 days of our rides can PM GMAN SERGU

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Routes programmed, tweaked, & imported
T&C room reserved
Hotel reservations in KY and DC made
Couch reservation in Taunton, MA made

Still need to...

Three hole oil change
Squirt Ride-On into tires
Finalize return route
Load audiobooks onto Garmin

Aug 8th - Depart Dallas area, Sleep over in Franklin, KY
Aug 9th - Ride to Washington DC
Aug 10th - Ride to NYC for Hester photo tour; ride to Taunton, MA
Arrive at T&C noonish Aug 11th

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Let's see....ordered new front and rear tires. Need to get my 20k done. Mount my GPS, maps are already downloaded. Made hotel reservations ages ago for the Gypsy. Start thinking about what to pack. I definitely packed way to much last year. :D getting excited!!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Put on new tires, change the oil, pack and RIDE!!!!!

Is it time yet?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
New tires front and rear due to picking up a nail in Daytona, just performed 10K service, Routes are planned but not loaded as yet, reservation booked back in April, getting dyno tuned and TTS master tune installed tomorrow, picked up a Blue Ridge T shirt for the swap, new suspension front and rear, and started longer rides on the weekend just to get ready. I can't wait, I am ready for vacation.

·
Registered
319 Posts
so ready for this

Need to change all three holes. Put mileage on old rear tire to get the most out of it before I change it. :D Have reservations made. Picked up a tshirt for the swap. Thinking about putting satalite radio in bike for the tunes. Have to see total cost before I buy and weight out if it will be worth it. Figuring out were to meet a museum group coming east.

Making $$$ to pay for SW........

·
7,886 Posts
Just when the 100s of large and small details start to mount up, and I wonder why the hell I volunteered to organize and co-host Shark Week, I read a thread like this and can feel the excitement building and all of a sudden I'm excited, rejuvenated and willing to get back to work so we can have the kind of Shark Week that will create memories. I know I speak for GMAN on this also. Bring it on, boys, bring it on! The welcome mat will be out and ready for your arrivals.

·
7,886 Posts
Case of beer, my lazy boy and a laptop :mad: as yet again another shark week passes me by.
Looks like a a lot of weather headed your way woods!!!

Better now than 5 weeks from now! A change of weather would be welcome right now, we've had about 6 straight days of 88-93 degrees with some high humidity. Yesterday it was 93 here. Unusual weather for this early in the summer

·
Registered
217 Posts
Reservations made at Niagara and lake placid (including a guide on the Ausable) for the trip up. T&C res . made a long time ago. Cabin booked on the coast down east for the week after. Res . made for the first night on way back. 10 k service done.
To do: install already purchased wheels and tires. Print routes. Make rod tube rack. Change oil on the week of departure and final look over. Make packing list and use it (not). Turn in vacation request form. Revise and add to this list. ...

1 - 20 of 232 Posts