Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I will be starting from NC (practically the frozen north compared to Bama!) but would be interested in joining up.
Ian

·
Administrator
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning as well . Just hope it werks out this time ..

Yeah 1450 is what I came up with as well , but I am thinking of heading up 85 to Atlanta and either running up 75 to Choo Choo, or the backroads strait up to Knoxville from Atlanta , prolly what 400 or 985 ?. Not very much diff in the mileage even going to Choo Choo from Atlanta ..

Anything to stay away from 59

We will pick up any one along the route

JtB

·
Administrator
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I go to Atlanta most every day , the trick is on a weekday to hit the south side of the loop before 0600 their time , always run the north loop (to the right) , never the west loop or up the middle (unless its like 0400 their time)

If we leave on a Saturday , traffic wont be much of an issue

I think its north to right , either way dont go left loop during rush three hours ,tho we go that way to 75

JtB

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm planning on it and have a soft commitment from my wife. We will probably join Hutmo for the Gypsy Tour.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I'm subscribing to the thread to make sure I don't miss anything, what ever mileage you Bama and Peach state riders come up with, I have to add about 650 to which means I have to leave a day early just to meet up with you, lol.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Currently planning to go. Subscribing to keep track. Wife can't ride that hard though. May fly her to Providence, RI (Pawtucket actually) and pick her up there. Not too much out of the direct line. Could split off and regroup in Maine.

·
Administrator
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine either ,have it at the house,in knoxville now.but there is an airport in NH , about an hour from Bethel , round trip from Atlanta is around $350 for a non stop flight,from Montgomery is another $300. Didnt price it from Birmingham

JtB

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm departing from SC but definitely interested in riding up.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Mine either ,have it at the house,in knoxville now.but there is an airport in NH , about an hour from Bethel , round trip from Atlanta is around $350 for a non stop flight,from Montgomery is another $300. Didnt price it from Birmingham

JtB
She has family there so she could visit before I pick her up.

·
Registered
510 Posts
TNShark and I are planning on taking the long way. I'm leaving Jackson, Ms and meeting up with him close to Nashville. We're gonna head north to Detroit and east thru Canada and hit Maine from the Northwest Side.

·
Administrator
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sittin' here last few days , kinda grounded from the surgery and been fine tooning my PROPOSED route into enemy territory , will wear my tin foil hat

think I gots all them twnshps rite up there

well at least the GPS knows the way once we hit those minor northern areas

a bit over 1400 miles

JtB

I65 to Birmingham
I59 to Chattanooga
I75/40 to Knoxville
I81 to Scranton
I 84 to Newburgh Twn
I87 to Albany
Rt7 to Rt279 to US7
US7 to Rt11 Manchester
Rt11 to Rt103 Chester
Rt103 to I91 Rockingham Twn
I91 to I93 Waterford
I93 to US302 toUS3 to Rt115 to US2

·
Administrator
10,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and I'll probably run down to Shanksville and the Flt 93 memorial on the way back , has changed a lot since Aug 10 when I was there last , and if ma budd isn't on the road , may run to north of the Burgh to visit a few days , and ride the area again , before heading back south

If anybodys with me , he can put up two or three maybe

JtB

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Currently planning to go. Subscribing to keep track. Wife can't ride that hard though. May fly her to Providence, RI (Pawtucket actually) and pick her up there. Not too much out of the direct line. Could split off and regroup in Maine.
My plans have changed. I was "down sized" last week. Not sure where we will be by that time next year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts