Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless you've been dead or hiding under a rock or deep in a cave or otherwise cutoff from the interwebs, the vote at SW VIII went to Deadwood, South Dakota. The organizers for SW IX will be Shrug and Smarty. They will appoint a Texas sized blue ribbon committee to oversee the development and organization of SW IX.

The other proposals/bids were Chadron Nebraska by Raymond Garvin and the Catskills of New York by Jim Barnett. These other locations also had their benefits with great presentations as well.

It takes a herculian volunteer effort to make this happen every year with many unpaid volunteer man hours and long distance phone bills that add up to make this event spectacular for all that attend. Be patient, Rome was not built in a day and they will make their announcement for hotel accomodations when all i's have been dotted and t's have been crossed. It won't be instant and automatic.

Since SW X will be held in Gettysburg, PA, the presentations at SW IX will be for SW XI, confused, don't be. All presentations will now be made for 2 years hence from the current SW. Because this group of attendees is growing almost every year, more time will be needed by the organizing committee each year hence.

Got a great location in mind to host a future Shark Week, throw you hat into the ring, come to SW to present it or send a person with your presentation to deliver it in person. Frankly it is this author's opinion that in order to host a Shark Week you really do need to attend at least one Shark Week to see what it is really all about, how it is organized and run and to see what happens in the background to make it all work.

Once you have hosted a Shark Week you become a member of a very exclusive club, we meet regularly in a seedy divebar at an online bowling alley, bowl perfect Turkeys and swill Fireball till the early hours of the morning.

Stay tuned

Calgaryglide

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,060 Posts
"Once you have hosted a Shark Week you become a member of a very exclusive club, we meet regularly in a seedy divebar at an online bowling alley, bowl perfect Turkeys and swill Fireball till the early hours of the morning."

Ya Cannuck baastard, that must be only for Canadian hosts - cause I never got an invitation! ..... and I like dive bars and turkeys. Eh.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I was going to host a SW next year in beautiful Park Ridge Illinois.......but only have 3 working toilets and don't trust my OL around Nordic.......he is tall and handsome and I am sure she needs less than 1 good reason to jump ship.......oh and our roads suck and Chicago is the Murder Capital of Earth.......so there's that

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was going to host a SW next year in beautiful Park Ridge Illinois
But since that is almost a year away and you might change your bike inventory so many times by then you might have to call it Indian/ Triumph / Bugatti week...

.....he is tall and handsome
How do you know how tall he is? I heard you don't get any higher up then the waist...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
With the right amount of Bourbon.......I go MUCH higher than the waist....errrr......I mean, your waist is Higher.....wait.......I mean.......FUCK!!
Out of control! Bad thing is that this pretty much guarantees that I will be in Deadwood next year!

Reactions: Homer93

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Once you have hosted a Shark Week you become a member of a very exclusive club, we meet regularly in a seedy divebar at an online bowling alley, bowl perfect Turkeys and swill Fireball till the early hours of the morning.
Is it really an exclusive club......or is it a reclusive club. Hosting certainly takes a lot out of those that volunteer and step up. But man, is it rewarding. I had a busy, but enjoyable time this year.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I was going to host a SW next year in beautiful Park Ridge Illinois.......but only have 3 working toilets and don't trust my OL around Nordic.......he is tall and handsome and I am sure she needs less than 1 good reason to jump ship.......oh and our roads suck and Chicago is the Murder Capital of Earth.......so there's that
So you're saying there's a chance... #ChicagoChamberOfCommerce

·
Registered
382 Posts
hmm...Deadwood, close to me, what is Shark week and what does it consist of. Any chance i can to ride to the hills and flex my rewards cards at The Lodge, Franklin/Silverado, throw down a Prime rib at Legends Steakhouse, makes me think about going

·
8,060 Posts
..... and you could start a new SW activity ..... a day long scavenger hunt for dead bodies ..... hopefully a well crafted selfie will be proof enough that we found the bodies and we aren't tasked with strapping them across the luggage rack to bring them back to the host hotel to be counted. I'm too old for all that heavy lifting.

·
Registered
855 Posts
rewards cards at The Lodge, Franklin/Silverado, throw down a Prime rib at Legends Steakhouse, makes me think about going
Yes, yes and yes...not to mention, you're no rookie to Deadwood now are you!

·
8,060 Posts
Hmmmm Is that why he keeps Uncle Fuzzy on a leash?!! >:)
Hey, hey hey! No one "keeps" me on a leash ..... I actually prefer a little dominance action now and then. Just sayin'.

Besides that, Cuzn' Eddie's OL is damn hot in her leather bra and chaps. I wouldn't mind gettin' in line behind Nordic ......

Reactions: glide69

·
Registered
855 Posts
OK, I've not seen it in this thread, but is there a date yet for this adventure?

Wade

·
Registered
143 Posts
OK, I've not seen it in this thread, but is there a date yet for this adventure?

Wade

I copied this from the “ general chat” forum”, ........ I think? Probably couldn’t find again if I had to.
Anyway, looks like it will be the week following Sturgis.

“Guys, just hang in there a little longer and all the details will be announced. Special rates for Thursday thru Sunday of Rally week, and great rates of $144 a night starting Sunday, August 11th thru Friday August 16th of Sharkweek IX and possibly even the same rate on the Saturday August the 10th. Shrug, Ron, or myself will be giving out the rest of the details soon. The Sharkweek IX will be held with everyone at the same complex all connected unless over 300 rooms are booked. Stay tuned.”

1 - 20 of 103 Posts