Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well like I had already posted, I recently purchased two Long Ride Shields.

I purchased a 10" dark tint & a 13" medium tint.

Both are Stringray's

So far I have tried out the 10" Stringray and man I have to say thumbs way up.

I am 6' tall 34" inseem and the 10" Stringray is killer.

The wind is just above my half helmet.

I really like it and the quality was good as well.

Next I will have to mount up the 13" Stringray and give my review on that one as well but after trying out the 10", the 13" is going to be even that much better I'm sure.

I bought the 13" Stringray for the winter time.
I also know I will be able to hear my music better with the 13".

I still have my 13" Klock Werks Sports Flair and I still dog it but with the Sportsfliar I had limitations with my apes.

No issues now, even with the 16" apes I just installed.

If you are looking for a new windshield, I would say give these guys a shot, because they are great and the prices can't be beat.

If anyone has any questions just post it up on this thread.

Swomack

Registered
I have a Thresher and a Stingray in 11" in medium tint. I like bith of them. I like the looks of the Stingray better, but seems the Thresher dies add a little bit more of a pocket of wind protection. Passenger said less wind on her legs with the Thresher, which I though odd, but zi don't ride on the back so what do I know?

Must also say I don't have a lot of experience with windshields, the fatboy was without. But LRS is definitely better than stock and yes, they run sales pretty often and the prices can't be beat.

Reactions: Swomack

Registered
Swo...That 10" LRS looks good on the sled. May have to get me one for the summer.

I'm also with you on the more room for the bars. I can turn lock to lock with my KST Outlaws.

but not so with the KW 14" sportflare.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Swo...That 10" LRS looks good on the sled. May have to get me one for the summer.

I'm also with you on the more room for the bars. I can turn lock to lock with my KST Outlaws.

but not so with the KW 14" sportflare.
Hell
For the price of $ 74.00 shipped to your front door, it's the best deal going.

The 10" dark tint currently on my bike works even better then I thought it would.

I am 6' tall and the wind still goes over my helmet.

I also purchased a 13" medium tint Stingray, but I haven't mounted it yet to test it out.

I plan on riding all day tomorrow so Sunday I will mount up the 13" Stingray and give it a try.

I will report back for those that are interested in this product.
Swomack

Registered
Hell
For the price of $ 74.00 shipped to your front door, it's the best deal going.

The 10" dark tint currently on my bike works even better then I thought it would.

I am 6' tall and the wind still goes over my helmet.

I also purchased a 13" medium tint Stingray, but I haven't mounted it yet to test it out.

I plan on riding all day tomorrow so Sunday I will mount up the 13" Stingray and give it a try.

I will report back for those that are interested in this product.
Swomack
I wonder how the 10" would be on the passenger. I'm looking at both the stingray and the Thresher. I really like the looks of the shorter one, but I really do want function over form. I am 6' also.

Would like to jump on one before the price goes back up, but we are pretty much socked in for the winter here in IA, so I wouldn't get to test it until the weather breaks and I doubt they would let me keep it for 3 months and then return it. But like you said, for $75, it's almost disposable.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder how the 10" would be on the passenger. I'm looking at both the stingray and the Thresher. I really like the looks of the shorter one, but I really do want function over form. I am 6' also.

Would like to jump on one before the price goes back up, but we are pretty much socked in for the winter here in IA, so I wouldn't get to test it until the weather breaks and I doubt they would let me keep it for 3 months and then return it. But like you said, for $75, it's almost disposable.
I'm thinking th 13" would be great for your lady.

If the 10" is throwing the wind just above my helmet a 13" would do even more so I'm sure it will be great for riding two up.

Once again for the price, just buy both.

Hell you can get two for the price of one.

My Klock Werks 14" Sportsflair was $239.00

I paid $150.00 delivered to my door for two new LRS windshields.

Swomack

Registered
Swo. Thanks for the review. I'm wondering if there is any seat height difference, + or -, with your seat vs a stock seat. I'm 6'3 and need the wind to be over my noggin.

Thanks

Registered
Swomack -

Thanks for the review. I'm interested in the 13" but am wondering if there is any seat height difference related to the top edge of the windshield with your seat vs a stock seat. I am 6'3 and want to be sure the since travels over my noggin.

Thanks

Registered
I liked the review also and ordered a 12" dark tint because i could not make up my mind on an 11" or the 13" so i split the difference. I hope i made the right decision. It said 2-5 days for processing but it's the holidays so no telling when it will get here. Thanks Swomack for steering me in this direction. I got the shield for $53.95 i believe plus shipping, which was a little over $26. I guess it's a holiday special.

Registered
SWO does call it right IMHO. I got the Thresher 14" medium tint for winter and I have a KlockWerks Pro-Touring 12" dark tint for summer. Profiles are different and I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Stock seat. the Thresher comes right between my upper lip and nose. I prefer the look of the KW over the LRS, but functionally, the LRS is great.

Well worth the little money they cost.

Klockwerks sheild

LRS Thresher
image hosting site

Registered
I've had a 16" Stingray on my 16 RGU for a full riding season. Very happy with it. 6'2" with 31" inseam. Wind is just over the top of my helmet. Wife is 5'9" and she has no wind issues. Had an LRS on my 2002 Ultra Classic and liked that one as well. Very good company, quality shields, and their prices allow you to buy other wish list items sooner. IMO

Registered
SWO does call it right IMHO. I got the Thresher 14" medium tint for winter and I have a KlockWerks Pro-Touring 12" dark tint for summer. Profiles are different and I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Stock seat. the Thresher comes right between my upper lip and nose. I prefer the look of the KW over the LRS, but functionally, the LRS is great.

Well worth the little money they cost.

Klockwerks sheild

LRS Thresher
image hosting site
That blue is such a great color. How many inches over the top of the vent (not the dash) is the top of it? I've been testing a 13" Freedom Shields which basically gives stock windscreen performance at a lower height.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
To answer the question.

My solo seat is lower by 1-1/2" and back by 1".

The 10" Stringray worked perfect for me.
The wind is 2" above my half helmet.

I just mounted the 13" Stingray.

Looks great and I can just see over the top which will be ok for me.

I'm riding 51 miles to work in the morning and 51 miles back home so I'll post up my thoughts on this 13" Stingray.

Swomack

Registered
That blue is such a great color. How many inches over the top of the vent (not the dash) is the top of it? I've been testing a 13" Freedom Shields which basically gives stock windscreen performance at a lower height.
Thank you :) The color is what got me in the door ;) The shield is 14 inches from the top of the scoop to the top.

Registered
Thank you :) The color is what got me in the door ;) The shield is 14 inches from the top of the scoop to the top.

Sorry I did a poor job of explaining that. I was talking about from the top of the vent on the rider side of the fairing. I just was trying to clarify to measure from the top of the vent, not from the top of the dash just above the radio etc.

Registered
Sorry I did a poor job of explaining that. I was talking about from the top of the vent on the rider side of the fairing. I just was trying to clarify to measure from the top of the vent, not from the top of the dash just above the radio etc.
No worries. 6.5 inches from the top of the vent to the top of the shield.

Reactions: Gadgetech
1 - 20 of 36 Posts