Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly the bike gave up in Virginia!! Motor rapping like a bastard. Called the local dealer Winchester HD and they where there and picked me up in no time and got the bike right in but with the diagnosis being what it was rod bearings and crank most likely? The bike was put on a truck and hauled back home. So my season is sadly over. Need to save $$$$ for a good motor build!! Many thanks to the great folks at WINCHESTER HD in Virginia and to Dave!! The guy who brought me home.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Damn Ken :(. That is sad for sure. Glad you're ok and were taken care of. I hope you get a good build and we can see you next year.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
What a bummer!! Did the dealer check the lifters?? If the roller bearing goes bad on the lifters or if the lifter collapse it will make noise that sounds like the crank is going out.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,617 Posts
Hey Ken, sorry to read about your misfortune - kinda screws up your whole summer. Hopefully when they start digging into the problem further they find that the damage is less severe that they originally thought and they can get you back riding again in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
That sucks! How many miles on your sled ? Keep an eye out for a used engine.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just at 50k! I will have plenty of time to decide what I'm doing as far as a build or go S&S? I know I didn't make it to Texas but my vote for next year was WV. Nice country down there what little I got to see of it. It sounds terminal and I'm not willing to put any money into it to patch it up to save the season. Will do it right 100% and have no worries afterwards.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike issue but so glad you were closer to home when it happened. It would have been far worse to have it happen in Texas.

Let us know what build you decide to go with.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Well that sucks. Time to save for a S&S 124". Made it to Weatherford TX for the night. Bike started pucking oil from the breathers today. Down a quart. Hopefully I don't end up in the same predicament.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Wish you best on choice for next motor, but dammit MOCO wake up, a motor should go more than 50K. We loyalist pay a shitload of money for your product, we expect better.

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
Man, sorry to hear this, Ken. You're one of the true road animals. We'll miss you at SW V. Best of luck with the new build.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts