Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of January 2015 I am not going to be able to attend. A later post updates this change of events for me.

Okay Colorado Sharks! Lets start posting up our departure and reservation status to SWV.

I am working on route details. Looking for accompanying riders and their input. Two easy day rides down.

Departure Sunday June 14th Denver to Amarillo Tx. Arrive Kerrville Monday June 15th. Depart Shark Week Friday June 19th back to Amarillo, back to Denver June 20th. (No checkout available under promo code for Saturday June 20th - only available checkout Friday the 19th or Sunday the 21st). Reservations confirmed.

Stay in Amarillo near Tripp's Hd ( on route ) tbd.

Who's in?! Send a PM. We will work out details as we get closer to departure date.

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
A little north of you guys but wife and I are planning to leave Friday morning and stay with friends in Kiowa Colorado then fire up Saturday morning and continue south from there. I'd be interested in linking up with a group it makes the miles seem shorter what part of Colorado would you meet?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what part of Colorado would you meet?

Southwest of Denver. Will head south on I25. Lots of potential locations to gather. Cabella's at I25 and Lincoln (at the south side of Denver south of C470), or ? Plenty of time to scout. Will keep information posted.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I mentioned this to Lisa as she was climbing off the bike after 6000 miles to Maine and back. Doc says i should be walking again in a month or so

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I mentioned this to Lisa as she was climbing off the bike after 6000 miles to Maine and back. Doc says i should be walking again in a month or so
You have 8 months to heal. Chris you and Lisa gotta make it. It's only a lunch run from you guys. I had a great time meeting/riding with the two of you. I'm looking forward to the reunion.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you can make it. Been a while since RedRocks and obviously I did not make SW IV. Enjoy the Fall. Got my bike on the jack doing some mods now so I can enjoy some Fall rides up your way (P2P). Ride safe.

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
Southwest of Denver. Will head south on I25. Lots of potential locations to gather. Cabella's at I25 and Lincoln (at the south side of Denver south of C470), or ? Plenty of time to scout. Will keep information posted.

Sounds good , where's the Saturday night stop ? Amarillo?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sounds good , where's the Saturday night stop ? Amarillo?

That is what I am thinking - about half way from Denver. Need to look for a good and safe place to call it a day. Usually HD shops have decent hotel chains within walking distance just in case. Any ideas or past experiences?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Amarillo is good. Lubbock is doable, but could be a reach ( ok, in a cage Ft.Worth is doable in a day, but....). Most of the routes down are super-slab, with lots of truck traffic. Best part is we will be able to see the weather headed for us cause there is nothing to block our sight of it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Got my reservations but i may head down a day earlier. Have friends near Kerville i want to visit if i can.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my reservations but i may head down a day earlier. Have friends near Kerville i want to visit if i can.
Sounds good. If you or others headed south from here know of highway construction let us know so we can plan or expect. Ride safe.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like there are a few real close to tripps HD for a descent price for a crash pad for the night.

Saw that too. Some decent places to catch a meal within walking distance too. Looked fairly central to highway access and route. Flip of the coin? Or one better than the others for the buck?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I'm game for anything under or close to a c-note ... As long as we can put the glides right out the front window :eek: I normally ask if there is security at night and flip him a 20$ to watch the bikes haven't lost one yet

Just watch where you flip those match sticks. Curtis you may want to keep an eye on lundboy. He has a reputation when it comes to fire.

·
Registered
743 Posts
No helmet law here unless you're under 18

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check initial post - itinerary update due to SW accommodations. Only unknown is layover hotel. Will update when I get pricing detail.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts