Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm a few degrees or minits (whatever those are?) East of Jack. As much as I would like to have all the Sharks here and the headache that goes with it we just don't have the roads to host a SW. Not in central Alabama. I'm hoping those Tennessee folks are doing their homework.

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I threw the co ordinates up there knowing it was Puyallup ..

Just the area , PNW is awesome

if there is golf , I am out , golf is a waste of good farm land

JtB

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I saw that the coordinates pointed to the Seattle area. Just didn't think that the city was going to give good rides. But I'm game to do a SW there, but first CANADA. I've been rooting for those guys since they presented in St. George.

Northern California would be a really cool place to do a SW as well. Can you imagine a couple hundred Road Glides running through the giant sequoia trees? Epic.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You all would be surprised at what great riding is up here in the GREAT NORTH WEST. Check out Hwy 20 (Cascade Loop). Beautiful riding.... as long as it is in the summer :D I live on Whidbey Island which is a couple hours from Puyallup. I'm not too big on Puyallup with all the other great places here to ride. Anyways, Cheers....

·
Registered
164 Posts
You all would be surprised at what great riding is up here in the GREAT NORTH WEST. Check out Hwy 20 (Cascade Loop). Beautiful riding.... as long as it is in the summer :D I live on Whidbey Island which is a couple hours from Puyallup. I'm not too big on Puyallup with all the other great places here to ride. Anyways, Cheers....
Did the Cascade Loop in 09', it was a stellar ride! Rode Banff in 14' it was epic!

Banff +1

H

·
Registered
830 Posts
How about the midwest? :confused:

We have been to the North West, done the New England Thing, in 2015 we go to the South West...

How about a more central location? Ohio, Indiana, Ill, Wis... etc...

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Just need someone to step up to volunteer to organize in one of those states then throw their hat in the ring in Texas for the vote. I would think that SW in any of those north central states would be well attended, very easy for a large part of the membership to get to in a couple of days or less.

SW II was hosted in Iowa in 2012,Rob and Jim did an excellent job.

Their should be competition for the next location of SW each year. Keeps it fresh and entertaining.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
SW II was hosted in Iowa in 2012,Rob and Jim did an excellent job.

Their should be competition for the next location of SW each year. Keeps it fresh and entertaining.

Calgaryglide
+1 on SWII. It was my first and it was awesome. III & IV were great too and I suspect TripleJ and the guys will knock it out of the park with V. Everyone seems to learn from those who planned and executed before them.

The competition for the next year is a big part of the fun. Some announce early, others play their cards close to the chest and let the speculation swirl in the months prior. The pitch presentations are a fun part of the event with crowd interaction, cheers/jeers, and good spirited heckling. AppDan did a great job broadcasting the SWV pitches.

We're only five months away!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts