Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've seen a bunch of bikes with bags like this on top of the tour pak. Does it make it more of a pain in the ass to get into the tour pak? Or do you pack the shit you use throughout the day in the top bag?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just have to be care when you open the tour-pak. I usually only would open it as far as needed or I would hold onto the bag while the top was open.
If I have a passenger then they support the bag while I get what I need from the tour-pak.

If you are riding solo then I would just put your common needed items in the bag to make it easier.

The bag is easy to put on and take off. The bag is specifically made for the Harley luggage rack.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
You just have to be care when you open the tour-pak. I usually only would open it as far as needed or I would hold onto the bag while the top was open.
If I have a passenger then they support the bag while I get what I need from the tour-pak.

If you are riding solo then I would just put your common needed items in the bag to make it easier.

The bag is easy to put on and take off. The bag is specifically made for the Harley luggage rack.
^^^This! Excellent bag at a nice price. We used ours the first time heading to SW V this year. Ours might be the Dakota though, not sure. Great quality and simple to remove/install for when it comes time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^This! Excellent bag at a nice price. We used ours the first time heading to SW V this year. Ours might be the Dakota though, not sure. Great quality and simple to remove/install for when it comes time.
I think you are right. It was called the Dakota bag. It is not on the Website anymore.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I've seen a bunch of bikes with bags like this on top of the tour pak. Does it make it more of a pain in the ass to get into the tour pak? Or do you pack the shit you use throughout the day in the top bag?

I have a smaller T-Bag on my luggage rack, because my luggage rack is smaller, but love the T-Bag line. I also have the big T-bag seat bag that goes behind me on the passenger seat because I tour almost exclusively solo. They are very well made and their customer service is top notch. If you have a problem get in touch with the company from their website, it doesn't matter where you bought it they'll stand behind it.

I don't like opening the tourpak all the way because of the weight and my bag is quite a bit smaller. I try not to open it further then I need to to slip my hand in. I have opened it slowly all the way up but it seems to be quite of bit of stress on the latches. I wouldn't try it at all with the bigger bag. I pack stuff I need ready access to in my right saddlebag like maps, my camera, snacks etc. and it's actually pretty handy. If I need to take off my helmet I just bungee it to the top of the bag on the tourpak.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The Dekker is a nice bag, we've had one for 15 years, been on 6+ trips and still looks and works like new. It has a built in captive rain cover in the front pocket, and the 2 small bags on the side unzip to be used as fanny pacs:eek: if you'd like.

The only hiccup we've had is that it doesn't fit the airwing rack on the new CVO.
I bought the regular rack to use with the bag.

It can indeed be heavy, and all we typically keep in it is the stuff we use on the road, snacks, drinks, cameras etc. Packed correctly we rarely open the tourpak during the day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts