Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ordered the whole set up for my 2013 RGC. I ordered 12in MX bars, Grade 9 bolts, Heavy Duty Bushings, the Cage Cracker hand guards and the Adapter Cover. I was told the bars should be finished by the end of next week. I'll post some pics when I get everything.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Myself I don't like the way they look, hurd they handle awesome. This it's a west cost thing, you never know maybe they will grow on me.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was interested since a few here have added extended risers. This new part should open up a new world of bar choices.:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was a Street Glide guy, but seeing T-bars on a road glide made me a road glide guy. My road glide handles incrediblely now. Can't wait to see how these Tbars improve it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am looking to get that same setup. Just curious are you going to re-pin the connector harness or cut and splice to run the wires, I can't decide which way I should run the wires. A buddy of mine has the the 12" Mx t bars and absolutely loves the way the handle.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
You can also get the Tbars that will mount in the stock risers as oppsoed to needing the whole new bezel for the trees and such. The nice thing about the ones that use your risers are that you can angle them back as far as you like. Lemme see if I can find who makes them.
Here are some for the Batwing (a bad word around here) but i think Dirty Bird makes them for the RG. http://www.bungking.com/accessories/bagger-parts/bagger-touring-t-bars.html

http://www.dirtybirdconcepts.com/shop/search.aspx?sfield=keywords&search=bars

I still prefer the look of the traditional t bars that mount direct to the triple tree. Had T's on my Dyna. Did it handle better than with apes? I don;t think so. Riding ability is in the rider, not the bike or bars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am looking to get that same setup. Just curious are you going to re-pin the connector harness or cut and splice to run the wires, I can't decide which way I should run the wires. A buddy of mine has the the 12" Mx t bars and absolutely loves the way the handle.
I'm not sure yet. Cutting and splicing is the way I'm leaning but, my buddy did his bars a few months ago and said that removing the pins isn't that bad. Might just take few more beers to swap the pins but, who says that's a bad thing....Does you buddy have ABS on his bike with the MX bars? I can't find a good answer on what size clutch and Brake cable I should use. I'm thinking +2 on the clutch but, not sure on the brake line. I want the lines back in the factory locations. If you could ask him that would help me out a lot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not sure yet. Cutting and splicing is the way I'm leaning but, my buddy did his bars a few months ago and said that removing the pins isn't that bad. Might just take few more beers to swap the pins but, who says that's a bad thing....Does you buddy have ABS on his bike with the MX bars? I can't find a good answer on what size clutch and Brake cable I should use. I'm thinking +2 on the clutch but, not sure on the brake line. I want the lines back in the factory locations. If you could ask him that would help me out a lot.
No ABS on his bike. He was able to get away with reusing the stock clutch cable and brake line. Has just enough slack but not enought to lace them along the bars, they just drop straight down. Still looks killer though. I would guess that +2 would fit nicely.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice setup. I'm 5'9 and i ordered 13in bars. The only thing I'm worried about is the pullback on the Tbars. Being able to adjust the bars with risers would be nice. What did you use to cut the holes in the plastic cover? What size cables did you use?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not mine, but pretty sure I'm go with identical set up, so I went to check it out and it's clean.

Wiring is internal and runs through the risers, not an easy task !

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Where does the wiring come out of the risers? You know they bolt to the tree, right? Last set of T bars I had were LA Choppers high club bars and the wiring came out on the inside very near the bottom of the riser portion of the bars. I prefer a one piece t bar setup. It is more stable in my opinion that bars on a super tall riser with a clamp on top. But, I have never had that kind of setup so I can't say from experience.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Didn't look under the gauge cover so I'm not sure. Jim is the owner of Forbidden, that's his FB page.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1389619797.131934.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1389619817.375665.jpg

Wild one tbars. Very comfy, just weren't high enough for me. I am actually selling the set up with 1"riser extensions..fits with all stock cables. I loved the bars but at 6'5" I needed more height. Tbars really make the RG handle great. Not for everyone though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts

14” West Coast T Bars ..... they make MX bars as well, but I prefer the straight bar. Works perfect. Super easy to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a !9 Road Glide and put bars and risers on a few months back. Wow what an incredible difference in handling. At 6'3 its the perfect position for me. I went with Thrashin supply 6.5 pull back risers with the pullback plate and the high bend bars and perch mounts. It uses stock cables and no depinning of the controls, everything went smoothly through the bars. My opinion t-bars or moto bars are the only way to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts