Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a new bike last bike had 14in f47. On this bike I'm trying to decide if I should do T-bars or apes. Can some please post pics of T-bars,size and brand.Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Went from factory 47 Pico style 1.5 bars which are now discontinued to Bungking risers and Luckydaves mx style bars.
Bike is completely different..better maneuverability and control. I've seen the light,and went over to the "dark side" with no regrets! My 2 cents

·
Registered
342 Posts
Apes. I'm just not a fan of T-bars on a touring bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got a new bike last bike had 14in f47. On this bike I'm trying to decide if I should do T-bars or apes. Can some please post pics of T-bars,size and brand.Thank you.

You can always settle with a mix of both, meaning the FXR Division Motorwitch bars; which are 30.5" wide but are ape/t-bar style bars.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Pretty much determined by what you use the scooter for. If you’re going to stay local, build a hot rod bagger, stunt...T-bars. If you’re going to relax and cruise- Apes
That’s my vote anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty much determined by what you use the scooter for. If you’re going to stay local, build a hot rod bagger, stunt...T-bars. If you’re going to relax and cruise- Apes
That’s my vote anyway.
I'm not real sure anything you said applies. Function of T-bars/MX bars VS Apes is Null. Form on the other hand... I can get risers and MX bars that put my hands in the same place +/- a given set of Apes. I ride long distance with my setup and scrape boards as much as I can. I chose it because its comfortable, and I like the look. But I grew up on dirt bikes so, there's that.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm not real sure anything you said applies. Function of T-bars/MX bars VS Apes is Null. Form on the other hand... I can get risers and MX bars that put my hands in the same place +/- a given set of Apes. I ride long distance with my setup and scrape boards as much as I can. I chose it because its comfortable, and I like the look. But I grew up on dirt bikes so, there's that.
Im REALLY sure NOTHING you said applies other than where you’re comfortable with your setup.
Who said you COULDN’T tour with a T-bar?
Where are the 38”+ wide T-bars?
Where are the 14”+ tall T-bars that we don’t have to have in our line of sight 8-12+ hrs a day.
I grew up riding dirt bikes too and would rather ride long distance with apes, so there’s that also.
OP asked for opinions.
My opinion is that just because you CAN tour with a T-bar doesn’t make it the right tool for the job. You CAN tour with a drag bar. You CAN build an all right side power High compression 131” engine and tour with it also. Doesn’t make it the right tool for the job.
Are you getting what I’m saying? No....okay. What the OP plans to use the bike for should dictate the equipment chosen for the bike. If you don’t think that applies....I don’t know what to tell you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im REALLY sure NOTHING you said applies other than where you’re comfortable with your setup.
Who said you COULDN’T tour with a T-bar? You did.
Where are the 38”+ wide T-bars? Not a thing
Where are the 14”+ tall T-bars that we don’t have to have in our line of sight 8-12+ hrs a day. If they are tall enough to block your view, they might be too tall.
I grew up riding dirt bikes too and would rather ride long distance with apes, so there’s that also.
OP asked for opinions. Your statement is made as fact, not as opinion. Nothing you said applies other than where you're comfortable with your setup.
My opinion is that just because you CAN tour with a T-bar doesn’t make it the right tool for the job. You CAN tour with a drag bar. You CAN build an all right side power High compression 131” engine and tour with it also. Doesn’t make it the right tool for the job.
Are you getting what I’m saying? No....okay. What the OP plans to use the bike for should dictate the equipment chosen for the bike. If you don’t think that applies....I don’t know what to tell you.
I get it homie, you like Ape Hangers and thats cool. I have had them. But I'm a bigger fan of MX bars and I don't have a hot rod or stunt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really want a set of the Spadafora twisted t bars, I’m a apes guy but these look very comfortable to me!
I looked at Spadafora a lot before I went with my setup. I went with a riser bar combo so I could roll the bars independent of the riser moving. They have a quality product though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts