1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just curious; what caused the damage?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just curious; what caused the damage? And what did the noise sound like?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious; what caused the damage? And what did the noise sound like?
What I ended up hearing was piston slap. Sounded like screws in a blender. Poor crank design & bearings is my story and I'm sticking with it.:D I'm sure the added CID & me getting on it some sped up the process but still should not have happened.

Wow, frank advised me that i can keep that cam for his 107 build.
Due to the piston slap caused by the crank I am buying new jugs and pistons. Going with the Revolution performance kit which will have compression higher than Franks 107 kit. My new compression will be 10.5.1. previously I was at 9.8.1 with the other 107 kit. The 555tq cams are not ideal above 10.

Pics please
Don't know what happened to the pics. They were there when I posted this.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
You're going to love the Rev Performance 107, but why not go 117? Had I known that I was going to split my case that's what I would've done. What cams are you planning to go with?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're going to love the Rev Performance 107, but why not go 117? Had I known that I was going to split my case that's what I would've done. What cams are you planning to go with?
The thought crossed my mind, but didn't want to go crazy with it. Gonna go with the t-man 625

I'm interested. What rpm did these cams stop pulling at? How did you like them?
This is the dyno sheet which should give you an idea. this is with the 107" kit, cams, and Dragula 2-1.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Perhaps I wasn't as clear in my PM as I could have been. They are still available but the price is firm.
No it wasn't and no where in that pm did you say you were firm in the price. You said you were going to send them back to frank for 250.00. Read the pm again

If you want 250.00 I'll give you 250.00. I offered you 225.00, you have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No it wasn't and no where in that pm did you say you were firm in the price. You said you were going to send them back to frank for 250.00. Read the pm again

If you want 250.00 I'll give you 250.00. I offered you 225.00, you have to start somewhere.
I did read it again. That's why I said I could have been more clear in my PM. PM coming your way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts