Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 15 RGS. I want to send my heads to tman and have the Thumper kit installed. I dont know if this is going to take away from dependability as a touring bike. I could go with the Touring Elite kit and probably be a little better in that case, but at this point I am on the fence. Can someone give me there .02

http://tmanperformance.com/Kits/103-signature-thumper/

Thanks

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It says the thumper kit requires an after market throttle body , so if you weren't planning on replacing it too that's a point to consider

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says the thumper kit requires an after market throttle body , so if you weren't planning on replacing it too that's a point to consider
Yeah I seen that. One more reason I am on the fence. I was hoping that someone had gone that route and could give me some good insight. I will be patient and see if anyone chimes in.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So long as you keep the compression at 10.5-1 or less, you should be fine.

Call TR and tell him what bike and how /where you ride it, and he will fix you up.

My 117 has T-Man 625 Cams, CVO Street Performer Heads, Port Matched / Polished SE 58mm TB.

Everything is playing very well together. 15k miles of 2-up/loaded Sport Touring so far...

T-Man's Cams are my favorites.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are better off with the pro touring kit. You will sacrifice some low end throttle response with the bigger ports. Call TR he will give you advise on your build.

I attached a 107 pro touring head with 662-1 cams at 11:0 compression sheet that I built for a customer.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts