Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I look at a T Max video I see the afr on screen being adjusted with the green squares how can I see the adjustments while my bike is running with the Tmax tune on and I dont mean the gauges

·
Registered
400 Posts
Try opening the pages for AFR on the tree under Tuning Maps. Just make sure you are linked and monitoring. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reply From ThunderMax

Here is what I got in email this didn't work the rpm line is there but no adjustments being made even tried a different map no luck

Joe,

When you are linked to the bike, Click the MONITOR button next to the LINK button.

They must both be green.

To the far left of the LINK and MONITOR buttons, you will see TUNING MAPS.

Below this, Click on the "+" symbol next to Front Cylinder Fuel. This will expand a list of different fueling maps.

Scroll down and click on line that says "Front Fuelflow vs TPS @ 1024".

As you apply throttle, you should see a verticle line on the screen move to the right in coordination with your throttle movement. This indicates the Throttle Position.

As this line passes areas that need adjustments made, you should see the green points being created above or below the original points.

Be sure to adjust the map you are looking at to match the RPM level you are trying to tune.

Sincerely,

Brian Harbin
Thunder-Max Customer Support

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I said... Not user friendly..
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thats to bad I agree the support so far sucks Jamie at fuelmoto sent me a map the map was for an 09 exhaust system I have a Fuelmoto 2 into 1 go figure they tell me almost any map will work just let it learn well school is out for my TMax the have an advanced software that lets you make maps but so far its a pipe dream I have posted trying to get it with no help from TMax

·
Registered
400 Posts
What problem are you trying to fix? Auto tune works while you are riding. If you want to see results as it tunes, you have to be on a dyno. I have run a TMax tuner since 2004 and have had great success. I am running the new TBW tuner and it works great on my 13 FLTRX. I have also had great support from Zipper's via email and on the phone. And the software allows you to capture and send data to them for analysis. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
First Off

The maps don't even come close to what I have also TBW S&S Super Stock 79cc Heads Ported Polished Oversize Valves S&S Easy Start Cams 570 Lift 2 Into 1 Jackpot Headers Jackpot Power Tube Muffler Stage 1 Air Box so they offer TBW map #200 it has a stock fl head pipe this is the map the said to use stock heads all 96ci maps are stock heads It works fine on your bike because you are close as stock is your 13 FLTRX a 103 the have plenty of maps for a 103 with all kinds of exhaust cams heads Im sure you can find a map closer to a 103 than a 96ci I have transmitted the data a few times they it looks fine but the bike coughs and sputters and is uneven on the throttle rpm sent all this data to them all is OK hehahe I had a PC5 that worked better than the TMax

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Site Sponsor

They don't even look at the TMax sponsorship I posted there on 04-11-2013 08:45 PM How does a guy not a dealer get the The Tuner Plus Software ? with no response

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds like you need a good dyno guy or a different tuner. On my 01 RK, I had a 95" kit, heads ported and polished, baker 6 speed and lots of other mods. I had a Power Commander that couldn't handle the mods. Then I went to the SERT with bad results. I then changed the fuel injection to TMax Magnetti/Morelli with their tuner and auto tune. That solved all of my problems. The bike ran great and would haul a$$, but never got better than 32 MPG. I also went through 4 exhaust systems trying to find the perfect combination. I finally gave up and bought the 13 RGC after getting tired of the constant battle with my RK.

I went with TMax this time because I have used the other tuners with varying results. TMax was also recommended to me by three different Indy's over PCV, TTS and SERT. And I know how to use their software from before. Hopefully you can get your issues sorted out. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The maps don't even come close to what I have also TBW S&S Super Stock 79cc Heads Ported Polished Oversize Valves S&S Easy Start Cams 570 Lift 2 Into 1 Jackpot Headers Jackpot Power Tube Muffler Stage 1 Air Box so they offer TBW map #200 it has a stock fl head pipe this is the map the said to use stock heads all 96ci maps are stock heads It works fine on your bike because you are close as stock is your 13 FLTRX a 103 the have plenty of maps for a 103 with all kinds of exhaust cams heads Im sure you can find a map closer to a 103 than a 96ci I have transmitted the data a few times they it looks fine but the bike coughs and sputters and is uneven on the throttle rpm sent all this data to them all is OK hehahe I had a PC5 that worked better than the TMax
T-Max has 26 96" TBW map options and 27 103" TBW map options with 2 of the 103 maps being for the 103" trike. The stock heads on the 96" and the 103" engines are the same heads and it would be hard for T-Max to have a map for every possible build combination so that is why they make maps that work with different possible combinations and then the T-Max can learn the tune from that starting point.

Your bike is a 96" when you did these mods did you put in a 103" big bore kit and if you did did you use High compression pistons?

From what I could see there are some other maps that you may want to consider looking at that may come closer to your build if you have the 96" engine, try looking at maps

and see if any of these map come closer to your build.

Also did you try doing a idle tune on your bike? Doing a idle tune may help you get the AFR in the target area.

If the AFR is in the target area and the bike is still not running good then it is most likely the timing and switching maps may get your bike closer to the timing need to let the auto tuner make the final adjustments.

2 of the above maps have S&S cams in them so you may want to consider looking closer to them as a solution, also a 570 lift cam may be to much cam for the bike, any cam that is a high lift cam is designed more for the higher compression engines that put out 10.to 1 or better compression, a lower lift cam would work better for a 9 to 1 or a 9:5 to 1 compression engine.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Thx. I have a stock 103 motor with 555 cam & Dragos 2-1 pipe. I'm using map #197. The provided user information is very limited, thats the part that pisses me off. I'm going to mess with it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Thx. I have a stock 103 motor with 555 cam & Dragos 2-1 pipe. I'm using map #197. The provided user information is very limited, thats the part that pisses me off. I'm going to mess with it on Tuesday.

Map #195 may work for you too. When I was running the 58mm TB there were very few maps that allowed for my build and the maps they had were for a true dual exhaust but the bike tuned well with the map that was recommended. Any map that is for a 2 into 1 exhaust and is close to your cam and intake specs may work. When I change the TB on the bike and went from the 58mm TB to the 50mm TB the T-Max tuned the bike and I did not change the base map because I still used the 5.3gps injectors, had I gone to a smaller or stock injector injector I would have need to change the base map.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts