Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thermo weren't you considering or did you get one around late '17 ?? Seems someone else got one also ..

Your thoughts ?/

Being a square motor , should be just the ticket for smooth ride and good torque ..

Yeah I know the 124 is just a few dollars more and if they built a LC143 , that would be the real ticket ..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Thermo weren't you considering or did you get one around late '17 ?? Seems someone else got one also ..

Your thoughts ?/

Being a square motor , should be just the ticket for smooth ride and good torque ..

Yeah I know the 124 is just a few dollars more and if they built a LC143 , that would be the real ticket ..
After I ran the numbers, it was cheaper for me to build the 103 into a tire shredder 110. Even with new wheels and a pump and plate. Also the TS 110's make a little more power out of the box than the 111. With that said, there nothing wrong with the 111.

Pretty sure they will build you a LC 143 if you ask nicely and enclose a check with your request.

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I ran the numbers, it was cheaper for me to build the 103 into a tire shredder 110. Even with new wheels and a pump and plate. Also the TS 110's make a little more power out of the box than the 111. With that said, there nothing wrong with the 111.

Pretty sure they will build you a LC 143 if you ask nicely and enclose a check with your request.
Seriously have considered calling them to see what their thoughts are on building a LC 143 ...

Did you put S&S wheels in ??

I was thinking of doing the S&S 106 or 107 and putting the S&S wheels with it , along with their heads , but that far in money wise , the crates are right there for just a few dollars more ..

Too old to worry about "numbers" anymore , looking at reliability and longevity ...

Thanks ..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Seriously have considered calling them to see what their thoughts are on building a LC 143 ...

Did you put S&S wheels in ??

I was thinking of doing the S&S 106 or 107 and putting the S&S wheels with it , along with their heads , but that far in money wise , the crates are right there for just a few dollars more ..

Too old to worry about "numbers" anymore , looking at reliability and longevity ...

Thanks ..
Ya, new S&S wheel set, lefty conversion, S&S three stage pump and plate, and a tire shredder kit. After the fact I swapped out the 259e cams for S&S 585 gear drives. Then played with the cam timing and tune. It'll show the tail lamp to a SE120R, which just frosts the balls off of a pal of mine. He went into a local dealer to get a Tire Shredder kit and they talked him into the 120.

Runs pretty good now, when its not breaking something in the drive line.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I Know it's not exactly the same but for what it's worth I put the evo version S&S V111 in my old Electraglide and was extremely happy - came with carb & ignition - plenty of power from very low RPMs - smooth - about 40MPG- changed the oil frequently and the spark plugs after a year - Sold it to my younger Brother. I would buy another one in a second.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

Your thoughts ?/

Hey Jack I’m pretty sure springerchop has that motor, maybe he can share some info

·
Super Moderator
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just your thunks on it .. How you like it and all .. I been helping keep S&S afloat for over 45 years .. This motor is better than half way done , unless I get real lucky .. Gonna do some S&S combo or crate when it goes .. Always liked a square motor ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its n 07 was gonna trad it in for new but I thought I always missed all the bikes I sold so I kept it stripped to frame. 15k for all the other cht you gotta do.

No moco motor can touch it. So yea it was worth it hope to get another 100k outta the beast.

American elites dont last as long as the old 96. Pings when I pass on highway at 80-90, wish I could fatten up the tmax without autotune, needs a real dyno i guess. Still playing with that, but yea keeps me young, love it.

Rock on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts