Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought these slip ons for my 2019 RGS. Harley is telling me they have to tune the bike to in order to put these on. Im thinking BS, can anyone advise? THANKS!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Just bought these slip ons for my 2019 RGS. Harley is telling me they have to tune the bike to in order to put these on. Im thinking BS, can anyone advise? THANKS!
To tune or not to tune has been debated on this forum a thousand times. I will tell you just my experience: Bought a 17 RGS and had the dealer put cannons on at delivery. They stated that it must be tuned. According to the dealer, it was a new requirement for M8 models: tuning is required for slipons only.

If you check under Street Cannon slipons for M8s on HD's website, it says tuning is required. If you look at slipons for pre M8 models, it says tuning is not required. It might be a bull shit money maker but the website does say tuning is required.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I ran these on my 18 for over 20k miles no issues.. At the one year mark I did a head pipe, A/c and a tune.. If your planning on doing the same at some point call Fuel Moto get a PV tuner and go from there.. Your stealer is going to do a 5 min flash tune and charge you top $$$$.. Spend your $$$ somewhere else and have something to show for it.. Just my .02 cents..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Been on my 17 for 6k miles .no popping no problems ....no tune needed. Love them they sound better w age

1 - 8 of 8 Posts