Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed bars yesterday and today my running tail lap is not working. Brake light works. Where do I begin troubleshooting? Everything else appears to be working...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that was blown, and instantly blew the new one when turning ignition on....

Now the fun begins tracking down the issue...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the schematic it looks like the wiring for the lights is from the clutch side (grey connector). I had a number of f'ups wiring the connector back together with that side. The sun was coming up, and I was very tired.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked for any pinched wires and found nothing.
Checked the connection wiring to see if there were any swapped and everything looks correct.

What do I do next?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would start with a good supply of fuses, then unplug one side and see if the fuse still blows then the other , eliminate it one side at a time to isolate where you need to start looking for the trouble .

Eagle

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly what I did. Purchased a pack of 25 fuses. Replaced it and it's all working now... Guess I'll start putting it back together, checking periodically and see what happens...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put it back together, checking periodically and all was good. I tightened the bolts on the fairing and put the headlights in (the were connected but not attached to the bike). Checked lights and the fuse was blown again...

It had nothing to do with the bars, I pinched the wires on the front left turn signal which caused the short.

Glad I found it, not happy with the hassle and the time I spent working on it today instead of riding! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts