Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Sound like you had a great trip. That entire area is a worth while ride and a place to visits many times. Never get tired of it. Taking sidecar there in May. Granddaughter wants a drango sticker on it, I told grandma and I would ride there and get one for it.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Sure is different than riding in the Low Country, isn't it? Love the Holy City Brewing down your way though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find the professional photos, I didn't buy any yet..... :) Look me up next time 08zinc and we can grab some beers at Holy City!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
One trip that I haven't made yet! +1 on the beautiful bike by the way! I have a buddy up in Charleston that I need to get up and see soon...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've ridden the Tail once on my SG w/wife in the back. It's kinda one of those rides to cross off your "bucket list". With that said, every road around there makes for magnificent riding and should be a must for everyone here in the East. I ride the BRP (Blue Ridge Parkway) twice a year as sort of a mental health ride. The roads are smooth, no stop signs and best of all no cell phone service in most parts. Nothing but fresh air and nature.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was here two weeks ago, had an amazing ride through the dragon both ways, RGS tamed it!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Totally plan on retiring down there. Already told my OL she’s welcome to visit, just call when she hits the Ohio border.
We used to take 5 days in September/October and rent a house near Gatlinburg. Work/kids/life has split my riding group up, now I’m gonna end up sending a group text and looking for a rental.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Totally plan on retiring down there. Already told my OL she’s welcome to visit, just call when she hits the Ohio border.
We used to take 5 days in September/October and rent a house near Gatlinburg. Work/kids/life has split my riding group up, now I’m gonna end up sending a group text and looking for a rental.
I had joked about retiring there for 40 plus years. Almost bought a place there , may still do that. But when I retired some things became clear. I like my farm and we worked our asses off to pay it off. Our Grandchildren are all here. Also realized we enjoy going there so much it would not be the same if we lived there.
Seems it cool now to hate on Dells Gap, but no madder how many times we ride it on the way some where or the way back we still enjoy everything about the entire region . In my mind marking off the days until the end of May. Looking forward to running the sidecar on the dragon both ways.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I thought it was a lot of fun. but, with it being such a highly technical road, you have to really pay attention and don't get to enjoy everything else.

we rode it both ways, twice. and then rode the route that the guys in the adv bike shop in Tellico plains suggested. that was an awesome ride, and very pleasant. didn't come across any 'ricky racer' guys on crotch rockets who wanted to do double the speed limit.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My oldest son lives in Knoxville, I am thinking about retiring in that area soon. Living in TN is great, I will never live anywhere else.
The further east you go, the better the riding gets. I grew up in Middle TN, which has the Cumberland Plateau. Some of the best unspoiled riding anywhere.
The Dragon is great, on weekdays that are not holidays. Otherwise, cars, cops, idiots. There are other roads in that area that are just as much, or more, fun. I have ridden my RGS there many times, but usually ride this thing when in the mountains.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Me and a buddy rode it two weekends ago. Each direction on Sunday evening (little bit of rain both directions). Devil's Triangle, Tail of the Dragon (again), rode over to Fontana Dam and the long way around to Robbinsville, then across the Cherohala Skyway before returning home late Monday.

We live in south Georgia so trip end up at 830 miles round trip and in 36 hours. Lots of great riding in that area. Devil's Triangle was the best ride of all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Pic of wife & I 8 years ago on the Dragon. I believe that was my 2010 SG we were on.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts