Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned from the Tennessee State HOG Rally on Saturday. Whenever I'm in the area I always ride the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, North Carolina.

Attached is a link to my YouTube video of the "Dragon" ride. In the video I'm following my wife. I'm riding my Road Glide, and she's riding her Street Glide.

http://youtu.be/0T4w-ur0QaU

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've still yet to be able to make that ride. I do want to work one in soon. We're talking about making a trip there either this year or next!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Dragon is on my bucket list, someday..That pass at the 9 minute mark wasn't cool though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We rode the dragon saturday... fron the Tennessee side down. Then thru Robinsonville, and jumped on the moonshiner through brison city, Cherokee, maggie valley, Ashville up to johnson city. Best motorcycling country there is. But we live close and get to ride that way often. Great video.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I rose the dragon on Saturday, too. Was going north into TN on my way home to NY. Wish I spent more time in that area. Pigeon Forge would be a nice ride. Blue Ridge parkway. I guess it depends on how far you'd like to range away from Asheville.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
853 Posts
Rad, Janine and I have the Go Pro 3. I'll tell her to bring it with her next time and we'll let you check it out....in short though...it's freekin' awesome!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thx. Did you attach it to your helmet? I'm looking to get one, but I don't know to much about them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes, I had it attached on my helmet. I have a mount on the front of my helmet and one on the back as well so I can video behind me when I have a group following. I tried different mounting locations such as engine guard, windshield, front fairing, etc., but I always got too much vibration. The helmet seems to work best.

GoPro is a great little camera...

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Great video.. The rider in front of you was really handling those curves. What camera did you use to record the video?

+1. What camera did you use?

I think we met at SWII at the pub down the hill from J & P cycles. Your wife was asking me about the roads in Canada, if they were paved?

Are you folks gonna make it out to SWIII?

Regards,

Calgaryglide aka Illegal Alien

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great video.. The rider in front of you was really handling those curves. What camera did you use to record the video?

+1. What camera did you use?

I think we met at SWII at the pub down the hill from J & P cycles. Your wife was asking me about the roads in Canada, if they were paved?

Are you folks gonna make it out to SWIII?

Regards,

Calgaryglide aka Illegal Alien
Hi Calgaryglide,

I use a GoPro 2 camera mounted on my helmet.

We did meet at SWII, and enjoyed a nice lunch with you at the pub. My wife still talks about riding to Canada, and especially the Banff area. I've always wanted to attend the Calgary Stampede.

We originally planned to attend SWIII, but we rode to the St. George, Utah area last September. Therefore, we're headed to the east coast this year. We may make SWIV if it's in Maine next year.

Ride safe Calgaryglide aka Illegal Alien, and looking forward having lunch with you again sometime.

Best wishes,

Charley

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Hi Calgaryglide,

I use a GoPro 2 camera mounted on my helmet.

We did meet at SWII, and enjoyed a nice lunch with you at the pub. My wife still talks about riding to Canada, and especially the Banff area. I've always wanted to attend the Calgary Stampede.

We originally planned to attend SWIII, but we rode to the St. George, Utah area last September. Therefore, we're headed to the east coast this year. We may make SWIV if it's in Maine next year.

Ride safe Calgaryglide aka Illegal Alien, and looking forward having lunch with you again sometime.

Best wishes,

Charley
Come on up! Really, I mean it, come on up, just pm me the dates if you wanna come up. I'll make sure to be around, we have a spare room and can even get some better rates in Banff for you. The Calgary Stampede Rodeo, Chuckwagon Races and Grandstand Show and fireworks evey night for 10 nights is a must see and do in July (think future sharkweek!). 10 days of free pancake breakfasts and bbq (burgers and dogs, not southern bbq) lunches held all over the city.

The rest of Stampede is just like any midwest state fair, midway rides, games, agriculture and livestock shows, all kinds of everything food related you can imagine deep fried.

So when you're ready give me a shout, we'll show you a great time with some Canadian Hospitality, good beer, great steaks and awesome scenery.

Calgaryglide

1 - 20 of 24 Posts