Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a '17 road glide special. After about 45 miles or so, both my wife as a passenger and myself get a good amount of pain in the tailbone and sitbones. Lots of aftermarket Harley seats out there. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I recommend LePera. They have several different styles. 2 up & solo with pillion. Also have ones for those who are tall. Can get foam or gel. Can custom order in leather. Have models with rider back rest which folds down. I don't recommend the gel for areas like Las Vegas since the gel can get super heated & be unbearable to ride on. I have done more detailed review in previous thread.
http://www.lepera.com/v4_Touring_Models_result.php

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
IMO, the stock seat is terrible. I've had a Mustang and a Corbin Dual Tour on my 15 RGS. The 96# gf and my 240# self prefer the Corbin. I bought the Corbin used, which helped with the cost.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Just picked up a '17 road glide special. After about 45 miles or so, both my wife as a passenger and myself get a good amount of pain in the tailbone and sitbones. Lots of aftermarket Harley seats out there. What do you recommend?
Check out Rush cyclepedic seats, ergonomic motorcycle seats for all motorcycle riders, designed to relieve pressure from your prostate and tailbone.

Harley Davidson / Indian Motorcycle Exhaust / Rush Racing Products

Many on this forum with tailbone issues using cyclepedic seats

·
Registered
172 Posts
IMHO, no seat will give you comfort without sorting out your suspension - get a set of Ohlins and then a seat if you need to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had my seat modified by mean city cycles in North Carolina. http://www.meancitycycles.com/

I had the seat from my 2016 RGS modified and kept it for my 2017 RGS and bought a sundowner seat and had it modified as well. 25,000 miles and just completed my first Saddlesore 1000 Iron Butt challenge. Very comfortable. They also have great customer service. They strip down the OEM seat and rebuild the original pan. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts