Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fork oil change

last bike was a 91 softail,when I wanted to change fork oil I opened the drain then took off top cap,let drip overnight,put plug back in and fill with ex amount of oil.now looking at the manual for a rg it says I need to pull each tube off the bike,i need a vacuum pump,okay guys wtf, cant you just drain at bottom and fill at top?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I take the gauge cover off and take the tops off,there may be a easier trick to it,on my 01 i would put a vacum pump on the air valve for the front tubes,and it would pull the fluid up thru the bleeder screws,after i made up a little tube assemble to srew into the lower legs.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
fork oil change

last bike was a 91 softail,when I wanted to change fork oil I opened the drain then took off top cap,let drip overnight,put plug back in and fill with ex amount of oil.now looking at the manual for a rg it says I need to pull each tube off the bike,i need a vacuum pump,okay guys wtf, cant you just drain at bottom and fill at top?
Sure they do $$. What year ? Just do like you always done. Measure what you take out , and replace the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts