Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some camping off of the bike this weekend. Some time in the woods was desperately needed. HarleyJack, wish you were here brother! Looking for a place to take care of that "recoil therapy"!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Glad to hear you're getting a "want" taken care of. In relation to your comment about recoil therapy, I have something on my "want" list that involves that also. Has the name Barrett and 50 in it :grin: Just can't justify the $$$ for one though.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OBB I'd love one a those too .. Have to settle for my 458 Lott instead , I can hand load it to knock you senseless ..
Ohiobellboy, sounds like we need to make a Bama run!! HarleyJack, is my little pea-shooter Mdl. 1911 to small for your club? :grin::wink::grin:

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Doing some camping off of the bike this weekend. Some time in the woods was desperately needed. HarleyJack, wish you were here brother! Looking for a place to take care of that "recoil therapy"!
Nice! I love to camp. Off the bike, in the truck, pulling a trailer so my wife can go. As long as I get some time in the woods and cook over a fire.

I recommend you upgrade from those scary looking bungee straps. They will scratch the bike in a heartbeat.

Check out ROK straps: https://www.amazon.com/ROK-Straps-ROK-10306-Black-Orange/dp/B00SXJM5MQ/ref=pd_day0_263_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00SXJM5MQ&pd_rd_r=Y2DYXQ0BP30BRX64FJ1A&pd_rd_w=nWjNi&pd_rd_wg=gHmGj&psc=1&refRID=Y2DYXQ0BP30BRX64FJ1A They come in different lengths to meet your needs and nothing to scratch the bike.

Also consider Arno Straps:
https://www.amazon.com/Coghlans-Ltd-8460-60-Inch-Straps/dp/B000Q6K0ZI/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1496523894&sr=1-1&keywords=ARNO+straps

I am not saying Amazon has the best prices, just easy to find what you are looking for there.

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
slab siders are my favorite pieces Jackie , specially ACP slab siders , tho' I currently need one .. House fire cleaned all my stuff out ten years ago and had to start over with the toys , needless to say , not all were replaced . Have a M&P shield in 40 SW , only cause there was no ACP , then what do they do ? they bring out an ACP ..

OBB the Barrett is like a Harley , price of admission stings , but price to play hurts bad ..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
HarleyJack, I have the shield in 9, like you bought it b4 they introduced the ACP.

Jacksprat. Look up the shooting ridge in Arthur, IN. One of the few freebies left around here. Close to Patoka, Glendale, and others for camping. There is also a private campground called Pride's Creek close by. Also very very close to my family, maybe we can arrange a weekend.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Recoil Therapy! I'm going to use that the next time I request a day off in the box that says, "Reason for time off". I usually put "Mental Hygiene" when I need time off, but that gets them worried.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! I love to camp. Off the bike, in the truck, pulling a trailer so my wife can go. As long as I get some time in the woods and cook over a fire.

I recommend you upgrade from those scary looking bungee straps. They will scratch the bike in a heartbeat.

Check out ROK straps: https://www.amazon.com/ROK-Straps-ROK-10306-Black-Orange/dp/B00SXJM5MQ/ref=pd_day0_263_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00SXJM5MQ&pd_rd_r=Y2DYXQ0BP30BRX64FJ1A&pd_rd_w=nWjNi&pd_rd_wg=gHmGj&psc=1&refRID=Y2DYXQ0BP30BRX64FJ1A They come in different lengths to meet your needs and nothing to scratch the bike.

Also consider Arno Straps:
https://www.amazon.com/Coghlans-Ltd-8460-60-Inch-Straps/dp/B000Q6K0ZI/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1496523894&sr=1-1&keywords=ARNO+straps

I am not saying Amazon has the best prices, just easy to find what you are looking for there.
Yeah, I know! I have/had 4 ROK's I used on my west coast trip last year to try them out & strange thing, when I got home they DISAPPEARED. :frown: As for the scratches it's WAY TOO LATE! :crying: People used to ask me when I had my '78 wing why I didn't buy a new bike. And I would always tell them that what I use a bike for it would wind up looking "just like this" in a couple of years! :grin:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HarleyJack, I have the shield in 9, like you bought it b4 they introduced the ACP.

Jacksprat. Look up the shooting ridge in Arthur, IN. One of the few freebies left around here. Close to Patoka, Glendale, and others for camping. There is also a private campground called Pride's Creek close by. Also very very close to my family, maybe we can arrange a weekend.
I've been riding bikes in Indiana for decades & you come up with 3 towns that I have never heard of! (Or maybe one of those brain surgeries took it out like a lot of other memories) Not complaining, grateful to be alive and well! We'll have to talk about that weekend sometime. Thanks for the info. Time to visit Google!:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Recoil Therapy! I'm going to use that the next time I request a day off in the box that says, "Reason for time off". I usually put "Mental Hygiene" when I need time off, but that gets them worried.
Credit for that term goes to HarleyJack, but I'll keep using it :grin::wink::grin:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've been riding bikes in Indiana for decades & you come up with 3 towns that I have never heard of! (Or maybe one of those brain surgeries took it out like a lot of other memories) Not complaining, grateful to be alive and well! We'll have to talk about that weekend sometime. Thanks for the info. Time to visit Google!:surprise:
Not to worry jack. If you blink you will miss Arthur, I don't think it even has a flashing light let alone a stop light.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to worry jack. If you blink you will miss Arthur, I don't think it even has a flashing light let alone a stop light.
You are correct sir, it doesn't have either! But it was a fun destination in the opposite direction of home! :grin: But the journey back has taken longer than I thought; just talked to the wife(didn't want her worrying) & she said "baby, enjoy while you can"; man I sure do love ❤ that women! :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts