Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will taking the cats out of the header pipe screw with my warranty? I'm in California. Already replaced the slip-ons with Freedom and air-cleaner with Ness Stage 1.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just a question, why scrimp? You spent 40K for a CVO, spend the $ and get a Jackpot header from Fuel Moto.

Scoop.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great point, I'm just not looking to do too much, compared to what I did on my '04 RG. I'll look at the Jackpot

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Indy as in Indianapolis? Shit I'd love to roll out to Indy. We rolled through there in June on the way back from Savannah. Not so sure my wife will let me take a solo ride to get my bike tuned out there. LOL

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
853 Posts
He means an Independent shop.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Don't tell them you changed the pipe. If you gut the stock one, do it behind the heat shield where they can't see the welds .

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
CA is real funny on its EPA pollution laws.
You may not be able to get a non cat exhaust in CA because of this.
This may be why the dealer or an indy will not tune a bike with a aftermarket head pipe or a stock head pipe with the cats removed. I would think the dealer tech is smart enough to check the headpipe to see if it has been welded.
Why not just leave the bike alone and wait until the warranty runs out then go out of state for a exhaust and a tune.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Is Ca. doing emission tests on bikes? As stated before cut and weld behind heat shield, a tech would have to pull the heat shield to see welds.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just do a Jackpot header and Power Vision. If you buy from Fuel Moto they'll map it for you so no need for tune.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Is Ca. doing emission tests on bikes? As stated before cut and weld behind heat shield, a tech would have to pull the heat shield to see welds.
In California SB435 Motorcycle Anti-Tampering Act went into effect on Jan 1 2013.
This bill only affects 2013 and later motorcycles and it states that it is illegal to tamper with a motorcycle exhaust and it gives the police the authority to pull you over and ticket you if you are not running a stock exhaust.

This may be why dealers and indys won't install aftermarket exhaust on 2013 and later model MC. If they do install a aftermarket exhaust the state could hit them with a big fine or pull their business license.

·
Registered
639 Posts
In California SB435 Motorcycle Anti-Tampering Act went into effect on Jan 1 2013.
This bill only affects 2013 and later motorcycles and it states that it is illegal to tamper with a motorcycle exhaust and it gives the police the authority to pull you over and ticket you if you are not running a stock exhaust.

This may be why dealers and indys won't install aftermarket exhaust on 2013 and later model MC. If they do install a aftermarket exhaust the state could hit them with a big fine or pull their business license.
Makes me glad I don't live in California.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, but i ride 350 days of the year. not bad tradeoff

·
Registered
548 Posts
Get a Fullsac DX head pipe, utilizes your stock heat shields. Fullsac will also sell you a TTS Mastertune and provide a map. he'll also walk you through downloading the map to your bike. Great guy , excellent service.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Get a Fullsac DX head pipe, utilizes your stock heat shields. Fullsac will also sell you a TTS Mastertune and provide a map. he'll also walk you through downloading the map to your bike. Great guy , excellent service.
+1 on that ^^^
Fullsac does not ship to California. It states that right on the website. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts