Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the group! I’m 6’5 and 38 inch inseam. Wanting to buy a stingray windshield but not sure of height to get . Currently using KW sport 14”. A bit too much wind. Seen a post we’re a guy 6’6 bought a 15” LRS and it was too tall for him. I’m thinking about getting a 14” Stingray. Anybody out there with a recommendation? Tried to measure but no one around to help me get an accurate measurement .

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Welcome aboard from Mass!!!

No coment on the bars but there could be some good info in "controls and bars" under the forum section.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Okie, welcome to the forum from Arizona!

Unless you're set on LRS, I recommend that you check out Madstad windshields. They're adjustable height and angle so you can fine tune them for maximum wind buffeting reduction. While the Madstad windshields are an acquired taste, I can attest that they're highly functional for long and for windy rides. Best of luck with your decision!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
No where near as tall as you, but for a starting point, I'm 5' 9" and have a stock seat. 11" LRS works great for me. See over the top except when cresting a steeper hill.

And its on a Rushmore.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I am 5'11'' and use a 16" thresher on my RGU. I see over it fine unless I am on roller coaster roads. As I crest the hill I have to look through it to see the road.

·
Registered
491 Posts
604 with 33" inseam. Put on 14" Thresher LRS. It is perfect. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey guys. New to the group! I’m 6’5 and 38 inch inseam. Wanting to buy a stingray windshield but not sure of height to get . Currently using KW sport 14”. A bit too much wind. Seen a post we’re a guy 6’6 bought a 15” LRS and it was too tall for him. I’m thinking about getting a 14” Stingray. Anybody out there with a recommendation? Tried to measure but no one around to help me get an accurate measurement .
I am 6,3. My bars are 15". I am thinking of getting the HD Windsplitter. All people that have it tell me it is great.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/road-glide-15-in-wind-splitter-windshield

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Don't forget to consider what seat you are using when choosing the shield. When I use the Corbin Dual Tour the 16" is perfect for me. If I put the HD low tour on the bike it is a little tall. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think I'm the 6'6" guy... I bought the dark tint 15"thresher. I have a mustang summit seat, so puts me back 2" from stock. The 15" was too tall for me, I had to look through it, and it was bothersome when riding at night. If you want wind protection, and don't mind looking through the shield, it would probably work for you. I would not recommend the dark tint. I ended up buying a madstad, and cut the LRS down about 2", and mounted it on the madstad brackets. Hope this is helpful to you. I don't have any pictures of the LRS on the bike, sorry...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
LRS does allow returns/exchanges, so if it's too tall, short, whatever, you can return it. They have great customer service, and just got an email they're running a 60% Off Sale right now. I am quite happy with my Stingray.

Reactions: eddienelson

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol! Yep sounds like the 6’6 guy alright! Thanks for the info! Also going to check into that seat! Out of curiosity I haven’t seen anyone using the stingray? Everyone uses the “Thresher”. What’s the difference?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lol! Yep sounds like the 6’6 guy alright! Thanks for the info! Also going to check into that seat! Out of curiosity I haven’t seen anyone using the stingray? Everyone uses the “Thresher”. What’s the difference?
It's hipped on the sides....

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a lrs in 12" and 14".when my bike was stock height,i looked through the top edge on 14-i am 5'10"-32 inseam-now that the front is 1 in lower the 14 is perfect,the 12 is to low.i use a dark 12 locally-madstat 13 on trips
'

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I think I'm the 6'6" guy... I bought the dark tint 15"thresher. I have a mustang summit seat, so puts me back 2" from stock. The 15" was too tall for me, I had to look through it, and it was bothersome when riding at night. If you want wind protection, and don't mind looking through the shield, it would probably work for you. I would not recommend the dark tint. I ended up buying a madstad, and cut the LRS down about 2", and mounted it on the madstad brackets. Hope this is helpful to you. I don't have any pictures of the LRS on the bike, sorry...

That I do not understand. Must be how you sit on the bike. For me to be 7 inches shorter than you have no issues with the 16" thresher means I must sit bolt upright and you must sit with a curved back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts