Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,107 Posts
The stock seat on an RGS is designed for someone 5'10" inches tall and 180lbs.

I have ridden a few hundred miles on the 15 RGS seat and I can say that I am not a fan of the stock seat either. I am 6'0" and 260lbs. When braking hard on the 15 RGS I found myself sliding up the tank, compounding the pressure on the anatomy that then caused me to brake harder to try and lift myself off of the tank, catch 22.

The back support of the stock seat is nonexistant as well. I am used to riding with a rider backrest, it was sorely missed on the stock seat.

At 6'5" inches tall you are going to have an exhaustive search to find a seat that fits you right. A stock rider backrest is most likely out of the question as well. There area couple other riders on this forum that have been blessed (or cursed) with your height. Hopefully they will come forward with their experiences.

You might want to find a seat maker that can custom make a seat pan to your dimensions given the available room on the bike. In most cases i think this would cause you to be elevated more from the stock height and moved back 2-3 inches depending on the length of your inseam. They should be able to also fit a rider backrest into their seat configuration. It will certainly make your long distance riding much more comfortable.

The seat for you is out there....good luck in finding a solution fast that fits you right the first time without spending more 600-800$.

Calgaryglide

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Man that sucks that you have spent that much money already and still cannot find comfort in the saddle.

Better to go with what you know fits you than be miserable all the time because of discomfort.

Calgaryglide

Check out this article, no baggers mentioned in it for taller folks, interesting reading.

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/top-10-best-cruisers-for-tall-people.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.