Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you listen to the seat makers theyll say "5'11" and above , they are basically saying , 5'11" and thats its , Harley says the same thing , what I want to know is what are you guys doing ? You guys who are 6'5" and above , what seats are you using (Im 6'8" ) , I modified the stock seat and it does sit me back 3 inches . but it is also an uncomfortable bastard , its fine for 100 miles or less but anything over ( i havent tried ) it will suck royally !!

I really want to hear from you tall guys as to what you are doing ? I do have a set of floor board brackets from Tall Boys Cycles , I havent put them on the yet, and looking to change out the brake and shifter (extensions) , although I see no reason to change out the full forward controls, extenders will be fine, besides I dont want to shell out another $500 bucks! Ultimately , the seat needs to be gone!

Please if you guys have pics of the seat and how you sit on them would be awesome! and explain the comfort levels you get from them

·
Registered
30 Posts
My step son is 6' 7".

He tried to ride a Suzuki 650 but was folded up like a pocket knife on it. I suggested he look at a Harley, and he got '98 1200 custom. That seems to fit better. He has a Mustang seat but other than that it's pretty stock.

- Bryan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tall Guys Club : 6'5" +

I had Diamond custom seats make me one to my specs. I'm only 6'2" but it sits me too wide for everyday use. It makes me tippy toe works great for long rides on the interstate though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm 6'5. At this point I feel like forward controls are the best option. Aside from the $1200 they're going to cost me. I've tried a couple of the "tall boy" seats and it really didn't make me feel any better. I've been contemplating the tall boy cycle extensions but I kinda feel that in the end I'm going to end up wasting more money and just buy forward controls. I don't know. I'm always curious as to what others are doing. But I can honestly say I felt more comfortable on a sporty with 18 inch apes and forward controls than I do on my road glide with 14s and stock controls. Something's gotta work out cause I sure as hell didn't buy a touring bike to have crazy neck and back pain after 2 hours

·
Registered
152 Posts
It sounds counterproductive but I'm more comfortable on a low seat that lets me sit farther back, that combined with some taller bars may help your touring bike to feel more like the sporty, ergonomically anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest you should at least gut that stock seat. Trust me I did it and it put me back 3 inches , also look at Tall Boys Cycles they have brackets for stock floor boards but it sits your feet at a more natural position , I bought some but haven't put them on yet, check there website out

·
Registered
927 Posts
You may want to try a LePera daddy long legs seat. Good forum reviews. I'm not tall and went with a different LePera seat partially due to forum reviews. You can give them a call and discuss.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm 6'5. At this point I feel like forward controls are the best option. Aside from the $1200 they're going to cost me. I've tried a couple of the "tall boy" seats and it really didn't make me feel any better. I've been contemplating the tall boy cycle extensions but I kinda feel that in the end I'm going to end up wasting more money and just buy forward controls. I don't know. I'm always curious as to what others are doing. But I can honestly say I felt more comfortable on a sporty with 18 inch apes and forward controls than I do on my road glide with 14s and stock controls. Something's gotta work out cause I sure as hell didn't buy a touring bike to have crazy neck and back pain after 2 hours
if you threw your leg over my ride I think you'd be happy. I have tall boy cycles floorboard extensions, softbrake extended brake lever & walters workshop extended shifter (looks stock just longe)works great with floorboards moved forward. Have a RS Boss seat for around town, sits you way back & have a tall boy seat for touring.

·
Registered
231 Posts
6ft 8in, 300#, 34" inseam, size 16 boots here. On my '16 RGU, I used the Tallboy seat from the day I picked it up until August of last year (~2K miles) when I swapped it out for a Mustang Summit w/ driver's backrest. The Tallboy wasn't horrible, but when I tried to use it with the manual Harley backrest (the adjustable one isn't compatible with the Tallboy) it effectively pushed me forward back to where I would have been with the stock seat (i.e., sitting on the huevos). The Summit got me back far enough to be comfortable without dropping the height and I can use the backrest without issue.

As far as forward controls go, I haven't really had any problems with the stock ones (other than cosmetic changes), but I did add the short-angled adjustable highway pegs and mini footboards, which I use all the time. I'm going to try changing the positioning of them from where I have them currently set to see if that adds any comfort or if how I currently have them is best (haven't made too many adjustments because I was still getting used to having them).

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Holy Hell....I cannot imagine being that tall........the cool shit you fuckers must see

I have zero to add to this thread as I am Short Hair away from 5'11 but I have heard great things about the LePera Daddy Long Legs Seat - I have run many a LePera Seat and always been fond of the quality

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you have any pictures of the tall boys cycles foot boards ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
6'7" 300# 36" inseam.
I literally have 3 seats and use only 2 of them. Stock seat has not seen the daylight since the first 1k miles.
I bought a Rush Cycle-Pedic seat that has memory foam and tail bone cutouts. Looks like some crazy ass shit but I can ride for many many hours. I have had many people ask me "What the hell is that seat?" I tell them I can piss my pants and keep riding never having to stop! The tail bone cutouts have a built in drain for water I think..lol
I keep a HD Solo Brawler seat on it for everyday riding as yes it gets you back further a couple inches and I think it looks awesome on the bike. But it's only good for about 90min max.
I did buy the 2.5" extended brake pedal just to bring it down some so I can brake without lifting my foot off the floor board. Never tried the extended floorboards maybe next...

I'm glad I'm not the only person in the country that has trouble getting comfy!

Best part about being 6'7" 300# is wearing cowboy boots and hat (Now I'm 7') and walking into a bar and you can see and hear people saying "Holy Shit!"

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have the brackets havent put them on yet! , I want that sissy bar too , where can I get one or did you fab one yourself?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm 6'5, had the Mustang Tour on my 2011 - floor board ext, pedal & shift extension - on the 2017 I went with Lepera Daddy Long Legs with back rest and gel foam - again floor board extension, pedal and shift extended - brake pedal had to be by Kirk. as HD did not offer one - put the tall boy apes on it as well - very comfortable - can easily put a few hundred on it without an issue.......

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put those brackets on the glide tonight and although it doesn't look like they do anything until you put them on and ride and OMG , is the feeling! Yes they are awesome, I bought a Factory 47 14" apes today as well

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just ordered a set of Tall Boy's Floorboard Relocation mounts. You guy's talking them up and reading their customer comments I'm now waiting with baited breath!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Just ordered a set of Tall Boy's Floorboard Relocation mounts. You guy's talking them up and reading their customer comments I'm now waiting with baited breath!
Awesome. I hope when you guys order from them that you mention the forum, would be nice to have them as a SW sponsor ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i'M 6'6". I run a BMC Wall seat that was sized for me, they already have them ready to go, just call them. I run Covingtons floorboard extenders, 3-3.5" foward, 1" out. I run Renthal moto-x bars with 9.5" Hardcase Performance risers, that sit on top of a Kraus Raptor plate. The plate adds another inch of height, as well as pushes the risers forward 1.5". The comfort level is amazing. I've spent a lot of time researching to get the right fit on all of my bikes, even fabricating a few parts along the way. Most parts are out there, they're just not as easy to find as the little guy parts.

'

1 - 20 of 30 Posts