Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am 6.8" 250 with 36" inseam , the stock seat was less than uncomfortable when I got the bike to say the least . However with a little modifications , I was able to get a decent seat out of the stock seat!

I took the seat off , cut the back of the seat back plate , not seat pan off completely (its just cheap 1/4 " plastic) then I tried it, gave a little comfort , but the frame was still instact and when you sat down it rubbed against your bones (between your femur and hip or butt bone) , that would make a ride terrible , so I took it and cut down in an oval another 3 inches , the plastic gets up to an 1/2 inch in there (use a saw if you have one , i just used snips) and way , put it back on the bike and BAMMMMM! Now when i sit down its not a struggle to reach the brake pedal , you sit comfortably in the bike without compromising seat frame , and your feet are comfortable reaching the pedals , Im thinking it sits me back 2-3 inches at least

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im sure it could be done a little more professional , but i just wanted to see if it would work , when done just staple fake leather back to the plastic , and ride , if your tall , you'll see an Immediate improvement

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
When I had my original seat modified by Mean City the seatpan was the limiting factor to the modifications. Interesting!! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts