Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone over 6'3" is running the 11" madstad and how it performs. I like to have some wind in my face. I am 6'5" and run the stock RGC shield in summer and 10" wind vest in winter. I wonder if the 11" madstad would be comparable to my 10" windvest. I looked at madstads site and they are saying I should have the 16". That seems way too big to me. Any thoughts from those of you that like a little more wind in your face?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in the same boat, came from a fatbob with no shield and rode mostly all year. Now I like the shield but feel a little suffocated or disconnected if I don't have some wind. I was thinking of doing the 14.5 and riding it as low as possible. Going with the xtra dark, 6'4 and rarely have wifey as a passenger.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am 6'3" (more legs than torso) I started with the 14.5. It worked great but all the way down the vision intersected at my eye level. I switch to a 13 and all the way down it is perfect. I get a little air but no buffeting
Hope that helps

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not a Madstad,but I'm 6'7" and went with a 16" CeeBailey TSSC and I thought I'd hate I big old man shield. But I love it. Maybe see if you can find another style 16" and try it to see if you like it

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Once you find the shield that gives you the right amount of protection, you will learn to love its looks as well and wont want to go for a shorter one for looks after you've felt the right one.

"once you've had steak..."

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm 6.2 with 32 inseam. Seat lowered an inch. I'm running a 14.5 and love it. I run it all the way down. If u get the 11, u might find yourself raising the shield. They look better all the way down for sure! Keep that in mind. I promise, they do look better in person. Here is a view from the seat. Good Luck.

·
Registered
654 Posts
hey WJCO9. How high does you MS come up when set at its lowest level? example-chest, chin, eye ball high?

·
Registered
605 Posts
hey WJCO9. How high does you MS come up when set at its lowest level? example-chest, chin, eye ball high?
At the lowest point it was just below my chin I'm running it about half way up now and it's just below eye level but that seems best for my wife. She said "I can look up at the stars now". The 14 mako I had on there beat her up pretty bad, she got to where she didn't want to ride, now she says ours like a different bike.

Jay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Skototrot19, Very nice looking ride. Just about to order a Madstad too. What shade tint is that on yours, dark or extra dark?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm 6'6" with the 13" and I love it down wind in the face and 'sporty looking' up just the hair on the top of my head moves a little even on the interstate. I'm with you 16" way too big, just felt that the 11" wouldn't offer enough protection.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I am 6'3" (more legs than torso) I started with the 14.5. It worked great but all the way down the vision intersected at my eye level. I switch to a 13 and all the way down it is perfect. I get a little air but no buffeting
Hope that helps
+ 1 ... 6'3" here - 40" inseam.
13" Madstad is just right. All the way down for some wind - up to the sweet spot for less wind.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts