Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8" Klock Werks shield, and in my opinion, it is the baddest looking shield on the street for a road glide, but it doesn't offer much shielding from the wind.

I have no buffeting with it, but I do get the full wind effect to the face, that's what riding is all about isn't it? Well at least when it's warm out. So, I have an ugly tall stocker must be 15-16", and it works well keeping the winner off, but I think it's ugly as all hell.

I am looking for photos and reviews of 12-14" shields in all varieties, so I can make an educated decision on what I shoul buy for the colder months.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
i can get you a photo later, but for the winter, i use a harley 15 inch windsplitter. i can still see over it (i'm 5'4'') but it sure does deflect a lot of the wind up over my head. and it isn't really a bad looking shield.

your dealer probably has one on the demo program that you could try out.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Here is a pic of a 12" Windvest on my RGU and another pic showing the 12" on mine and the 14" on my wife's Roadie. I used to put the 14" on my bike for the winter months or when we went on long trips riding 2 up. When she got her Roadie I put the 14" on her bike and that is where it stays now. Either one would work to keep the wind off of you.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
here's photos of the windsplitter:

a lot of people don't seem to like them, but they work fine for me..... this shield looks pretty clear, but they actually call it 'light smoke'.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
The 8 inch windshield may look cool but that is it, at that height it is very nonfunctional.
I have used Windvest windshields on my bike for years and I am very happy with the looks and the function, I have used the 12in and the 14in.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I have klock werks 8" also like Steeler but have harley 19" windshield I use if I'm going on long rides. Depends how tall you are, I'm 6'-4" and the 19" blocks everything. Don't have a picture of it on bike, sorry

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Light Smoke 21" AirMaster Windshield and absolutely love it. I'm 6' tall and just tuck down behind it when the rain falls. The shape leans back so technically it's not that tall.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I bought a used 12" Klock Werks shield, hoping the extra 4" will give me a little more wind protection.

·
Registered
296 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts