Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to keep road food and various miscellany at hand. Any recommendations for a good tank bag? Must be easily detachable, easy to get to gas cap, and easy on HDs soft paint, bonus if electrified for charging electronics. TIA.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Any tank bag, magnetic or strapped down, will fuck up your paint eventually. And I haven't seen one that works well with the console.

I use a bag on the rear crash bar that holds a water bottle and has a large pocket that opens easily. I can reach down and grab whatever I need.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any tank bag, magnetic or strapped down, will fuck up your paint eventually. And I haven't seen one that works well with the console.

I use a bag on the rear crash bar that holds a water bottle and has a large pocket that opens easily. I can reach down and grab whatever I need.
Haven't thought of that, I'll look into it.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have a first gear trekker jacket that has huge hidden pockets in front that can hold a couple 16 oz water bottles, as well as snacks, and other essentials.

They don't make it anymore but many adventure style jackets have similar pockets. The trekker is a waistcoat which is more comfortable on a cruiser than the 3/4 adventure jackets.

Basically, the entire black part is a pocket with a zipper down the entire side for access.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dowco 50108-00 Rally Pack Motorcycle Tank Bag with Magnetic Mount @amazon.com. simple and one of the best have used one for over 20 yrs. no problems with paint, works very well ,great map pocket! $33

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Larger then you think you need, dont worry about the paint, just make sure the magnets are clean.
Worry about the paint! Mag tank bag, was paying very close attention to keeping mags clean. Worked great until I rode in a rain storm, when I took the bag off at the end of the day, little scratches from the grit of the storm and road splash in the tank. I'd invest in some clear plastic in the tankbag area to prevent the scratches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts