Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!!

I recently installed some advanblack parts and while i was at it removed all my engine covers for powdercoating. i also installed new piston rings and honed my cylinders and had my valves relapped. Now when i start the bike i have a tapping sound for about a minute then it goes away. I have read that it could be that the lifters are bleeding down over night. does that mean the lifters should be replaced?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
if it's getting progressively worse, then i'd put in new tappets.
how many miles since engine work performed?
did you use adjustable pushrods when you put it back together?

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Just replaced my lifters yesterday ( 72000 miles ) with Feulings , everything in my cam chest is new cept for the cam sprocket and crank sprocket ... They shudda been done long time ago ..

JtB

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im at 69,xxx miles and have never replaced the lifters. not sure if it was done before i purchased the bike at 51,xxx miles. I have only done a 15-25 miles shake down run since putting her back together this week. I reused the stock pushrods when i reassembled it. I am thinking i should just replace the lifters and get a set of adjustable pushrods and see if that improves it.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Definitely replace the lifters with a good name brand , I prefer S&S premium myself and get the adjustable pushrods, that should remedy the issue, good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. I have been riding it the past few days and i havent heard the noise again. If i do i will go with replacing lifters and pushrods. I do have another question though, with the new rings do i need to have the bike retuned? I noticed that it is sunning a little hotter then it did before. Seat of the pants dyno tells me she runs great but i just want to be sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts