Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Road Glide 83,000 miles on it started having no throttle problems. Codes p0641, p01511. Cleaned the contacts and connectors at the throttle body connector. Pulled the fairing and inspected the wiring and the twist grip connector wiring. Pulled the twist Grip out inspected the little green plug, cleaned and reassembled both plugs. Still getting limp mode, sometimes check engine light but always has the same codes. When riding cruise control on i can reach down by the tank by the front tank bolts and grab the main harness pull it up and down and my speed will drop about 10 or so MPH, No codes. So now i guess i will pull off the tank and inspect all the wires. Anyone else had an issue like this? About to piss me off. Any help is always appreciated

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Did you check the pins in the connectors real well ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a guess, but it sounds like you may have some wire chaffing going on. Pull the
Tank and look for rub through insulation and bare wires. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update to the throttle issue. Removed the gas tank and opened up the wire tray. I looked at all the wires from where they enter the fairing to the ECU. No smashed, bare or pinched wires were found. All connectors were inspected for pins backing out and or corrosion, all looked good. Looked at all the wires going to the injectors, throttle body, all sensors on the throttle body and compression release actuators, all wiring going to the gauge cluster Etc. Nothing discrepant found. Man i was sure i would find a bare or smashed wire. On to removing the fairing and inspecting the connectors and wiring in there. Starting to think its an throttle control actuator but i hate throwing parts at it and i hate going to the dealer but i might have to since they have a break out box they can test componets

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Here are some fixes that worked for other with similar problem.

1. A small amount of dielectric grease on the terminal pins
2, Replace pins on TPS
3. Replace Twist Grip sensor

If you have a Power Commander it could be a sign that its going bad.

I found this from Thundermax that might help:

http://www.thunder-max.com/TechDocs/TT418_1.pdf

hope you get it fixed soon and cheap!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cleaned and applied dielectric to terminal pins on throttle body, Replaced twist grip sensor. Stage one download so no piggy back tuner. I'm leaning towards the Throttle control actuator. Code P1511 lists the TCA as a potential failure item and says to test it but w/o the break out box that's not going to happen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts